Chapter 31

Xavier's POV

The girl, she looked almost just like my mom. I felt so confused, but I didn't let it show on my face.

"I must say, I'm surprised. You only brought 4 men with you. That seems like a bad idea now doesn't it?" He says to me.

"Not exactly," I say back.

"I have worked too damn hard to get where I am now. You are not going to take that from me." 

He says angrily. My answer must have made him mad.

"I had planned to take your mate long before I knew that she was your mate. She has a power like no other supernatural." He started saying. "She's special too. Not just because she's a hybrid, no, there's something else."

"What are you talking about?" I question him angrily. 

"I said no questions!" He yells at me. I would tell my other warriors to come in, but I need as much information out of this guy as possible before I kill him.

"Now, I'm not going to explain my plan to you. No, that would ruin the surprise. But I will tell you that this isn't the end. You found me here, but I'm going to get away again and you won't find me. You'll never get your mate back. Ever."

"Done with your speech yet?" I ask. I'm so tired of his talking.

He glares at me and then a smirk appears on his face.

"You don't remember me?" He asks.

"Why should I?" I question him.

"You killed my mate." He starts saying. "Cousin."

"What?"

"At least you could pretend to remember. 8 years ago, cousin, my mate was a rogue just trying to get to me. So she could prove that she wasn't a danger. Then you, you took her life." He seethed with anger.

"8 years ago I was 10! I was probably going through my first shift." I stated to him.

"Maybe. But you still killed her. You had no right!" He yelled at me.

"I-" I started saying but he cut me off."

"I'm sick of this. I'm leaving, get the girls ready." He told someone beside him.

The girls. He's got to be talking about Kelly as one of them.

Now I mindlinked the rest of my warriors. They have to pay attention to all the exit to make sure that they don't get away.