Chapter 15

Kelly's POV

I've been in this room for a few hours and I'm starting to go stir crazy. I'm fine, I know that because I've been through this before. 

Just then I felt a ton of power radiating from someone in the house. It must be the alpha, he's the only one that it would even make sense to have this much power.

As I was thinking about this, Xavier opened my door and walked in. I was sitting with my legs crossed in the middle of the bed and staring at the wall.

"You ok?" He asked cautiously. Like I might blow up at him at any minute.

"I'm fine." I answered him plainly.

"Well, there's some stuff going on around the land, a bunch of we- wolves." He told me. He hesitated on werewolves. I guess my cover is still going strong and he thinks I'm human.

"Wolves?" I asked. "What do you mean?"

"There's just a lot of wolves around right now so it's not safe outside. We have to stay here." By this point he had already entered the room and sat on the edge of the bed with the door closed.

"Oh ok." I said. My throat started getting a little scratchy. I knew what this meant. Within a few hours I would need to drink somethings blood or I would go full on crazy vampire. I continued to sit here like nothing was happening.

"My birthday party is next week." He started saying. "There's going to be a lot of people, and of course since you live with us, you're invited."

"Thanks." I said. I can't risk any extra effort. It makes me have less time until I have to drink.

"Ya." He seemed awkward. Like he had no idea what to say. I guess I'm not making it easy on him since I'm not really saying anything. "So you wanna play a game or something?" He asked.

"You don't have to be here." I said quickly. "I won't go outside."

"It's cool, I don't mind." He seemed so sweet. But I already know that he's turning 18 next week and he'll find his mate and stay as far away from any other girl as possible.

"Seriously, you don't have to be here." I told him.

"Fine." He said and got up and walked out. That was easier then I thought it would be.

I quickly locked the door and went to the window. I opened it and looked around to make sure no one was around. I jumped out and used my vampire speed to run into the forest unnoticed.

Finally I could hunt.