Chapter 9

Xavier's POV

"Why would she like him? He's nothing but a filthy bloodsucker." I say to Henry. That guy just makes me so mad. If we didn't have a treaty with those vampires, I would've torn his head off years ago.

"Calm down, it's not as bad as it seems." Henry tries to persuade me, "She'll see what a bad person he is and stop talking to him, plus she's living with a bunch of werewolves. What's the worst that could happen?"

"He could kill her. It's not that hard for him to do since she's human. She's a lot weaker than us remember?" I explain to him.

"Ya I remember." He answers sadly. "But they've known each other forever they said. And he hasn't killed her yet. So honestly, Xavier, do you really think he's going to kill her?"

"Well, no, but I can't help but get this feeling to protect her whenever she's around. It's probably just because my mom keeps telling me to make sure she's safe and doesn't get hurt or anything?"

"That's weird." He laughs. "But that's probably why."

"Whatever. Let's go to class." I say and then walk towards my first class.

The bell rang so I knew I was late. I walked into class a few seconds late.

"Glad you could join us Mr. Wolf." Mr. Parker said in a sarcastic tone. This is my least favorite class, history. Mr. Parker is the worst teacher too. He gives us so much homework that it's not even worth doing. I have to do it though because I need to graduate before my dad will even think about handing down the alpha title to me.

"As I was sayi-" Mr. Parker starts but then there was a light tap on the door. "Yes?" He asked rudely.

"This is Kelly. She's new, Xavier was supposed to show her around, but I guess he had better things to do." Ms. Meyers said. She's only allowed to act like this because she's my aunt. 

Kelly made a sound that sounded like a laugh but she covered it up as a cough. I glared at her.

"Thank you Ms. Meyers. Welcome Kelly." He said nicely, then mumbled under his breath. "There goes the rest of my lesson."

"Why don't you tell us something about you?" Mr. Parker asked Kelly. 

Well this is gonna be interesting. I don't know anything about her anyway.

"No thanks. Where do I sit?" She looked so mad as she said it.

"Well there's only one seat open. Next to Xavier." He answered her.

"Great." She mumbled and glared. "Just great."