Chapter 4

Xavier's POV

The shock. I know what the shock meant. I mean I think I know what it meant. I hope it's not that though. I have a month until my 18th birthday. I'll really find out if that shock was what I think it was or not.

I was driving back to the pack house. I wasn't paying attention to driving, I was just following my mom.

We finally pulled up to the pack house. I looked over at Kelly and saw that she wasn't even surprised, if anything she looked mad. Usually when people, who don't know we live in a big mansion, see the house, they get surprised. 

I pulled up to the garage beside my mom, my dad pulled in on the other side of me too. We all got out and Kelly got her bags out of the trunk. 

"Here let me help you." My dad said and took one of her bags out of her hands.

"Thanks." She said with gritted teeth as she looked down.

She'll have to learn soon that, that is disrespectful and my dad, the alpha, won't allow that.

"We'll take you to your room so you can put your stuff down. Then we'll take you on a tour of the house. How does that sound?" My mom asked her.

"Fine." She said. 

I don't know what's wrong with her or why she's here, but whatever reason she has, is no reason to be so rude. I mean we're helping her. Clearly she needed a place to go and we took her in. She could at least try to seem grateful or something.

My mom, dad, and I led her up to the alpha floor. Since she's kind of a part of our family now she gets to stay there. I argued with my mom when she first told me she was going to be up here with us. I clearly lost that battle.

"Here's your room." My mom said as we stopped in front of the door beside my room. It was the only room left and it's right between my parents and mine. 

We dropped her bags off and then took her on a tour of the house. My brothers were running around somewhere. The rest of the pack was also gone because we didn't want to overwhelm her when she first got here.

"Well I guess that's everything. And we're back at your room. Any questions?" My dad asks her.

"None." Kelly said.

"Good, get some rest, you'll start school tomorrow."

Now she looked surprised.