Chapter 21

Kelly's POV

It's Xavier's birthday today. That means a big party is going to happen. The perfect chance to say goodbye and leave. No one will even notice until morning.

I've been locked in my room all day. I've been trying to pick out an outfit for tonight. Just because I'm leaving doesn't mean I can't look good. 

Finally at 7:45 I was ready to go with my hair and makeup done and my dress on.

I opened the door to my room and saw a guard waiting outside. 

"Am I allowed to go downstairs now? I was invited." I said rudely to the guard. I can't help it.

He didn't say anything but started walking away and downstairs. I just followed him silently. 

The party was raging when I made it down. There was this really good smell mixed in with everything though. Which was surprising because I figured it wouldn't have smelt good. 

I went straight for the kitchen completely ignoring my guard. I needed a drink.

I got myself something strong so I wouldn't have to think so much about leaving. I took my drink and went outside. I needed some fresh air and for it to be not so loud and crowded. Although there were still a ton of people outside. Damn this pack was huge.

I was walking around when some drunk wolf tried to grab my ass. Of course with my senses I could tell he was about to do it so I spun around and grabbed his wrist while twisting it. 

"Don't try to touch someone you don't know buddy." I told him with a slight hiss to my words. My vampire was getting angry.

"Woah calm down Kelly." Henry came up and said while grabbing my other hand. I glared at the guy whose wrist I was holding and squeezed before I let go, pushing him away in the process.

"He was trying t-" I was cut off by a loud growl. Then there was this amazing smell.

"MINE" Was yelled from across the yard and I didn't even get to see who it was before I blacked out.