Chapter 23

Kelly's POV

Ok what the hell happened? The last thing I remember was someone yelling mine and then I passed out.

I was starting to wake up again but my head was killing me. I groaned and for some reason it felt like everything stopped. 

This is what I get for using so much of my power so fast. I didn't eat nearly enough to account for that.

I opened my eyes and noticed that the ceiling was different. There was a ceiling in general. I was outside before this. I tried to sit up but stopped myself because my head was throbbing.

"Are you ok? What can I do?" I heard a voice beside me. I quickly sat up and turned my head to face the voice. I realized it was just Xavier. I took a second before answering to look around the room and saw both of his parents too.

"I'm fine. I jus- uuughhh" I started groaning feeling my teeth start to forcefully change. 

Xavier got to my side immediately and asked, "what's wrong?"

"I'm starving." I started to cry. I only get emotional when I need blood this badly. "It hurts." I said as I showed him my teeth.

"How can I help?" He asked and he seemed deeply upset that I wasn't ok.

"I need blood." I said as I could feel tears streaming down my face. "Animal blood. Any animal."

"Dad please go find something." Xavier turned to him and asked.

"No. I will not do anything for her." He growled towards me. I was about to say something back when I cried out in pain.

"Please Father!" He asked.

"Go. She's his mate." Ashley told him. He mumbled something and left. I could hear his howl outside signaling a hunt.

"Come on. We'll meet him outside so you can eat faster." Xavier told me and helped me up from the bed. 

He helped me down the stairs. Which I was grateful for because I almost fell a few times. Once we got out the front door Cole was already waiting there with a deer dead on the ground. I could smell the fresh blood and that gave my vampire just enough of a push to fully come out instead of slowly torturing me.

Once she was fully out she sped towards the deer and started drinking. I didn't have the strength to fight for control yet so I just hope she doesn't do something reckless.

Once she was done she pushed me back into control. That was weird. Usually she is dying to get out.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't want any of you to see me like that." I whisper and tilt my head down. For some reason I felt ashamed. Actually I didn't. My vampire did.

"Hey. It's ok. That's who you are and you're perfect." Xavier whispered to me.

Did I miss something?