Chapter 45

Xavier's POV

I brought Kelly up to my room and laid her on my bed. Unfortunately, Blake is refusing to leaver her side, which means he is in my room as well. 

"Why did you bring her here? God your... stench... is so strong." Blake grumbles out while rolling his eyes. 

"Then open a window. I don't smell anything." I shrug my shoulders and glare at him.

"Of course you don't you dog!" Blake angrily tells me. "It's your stench." 

"Say that again." I growl out at him. I am NOT a dog.

"You're a-" Blake starts to say before Kelly cuts him off.

"Stop arguing." She says with her eyes closed. Huh, I thought she was sleeping. I guess I could've listened to her breathing better, but it still sounds like she's sleeping. "I can't sleep with you two yelling at each other."

 "Sorry." We both whispered while swinging our heads in her direction. We quickly whipped our heads to face each other and glared. We can't argue out loud, so glaring works.

"I can feel you two glaring at each other." Kelly chuckles to herself. "You can feel the tension in the air too."

"Look, we can get along the next few days." I say to Blake with a sigh. "For Kelly's sake."

I stick my hand out for him to shake. Blake pauses and looks from my hand to Kelly and back to me. Then he shakes my hand.

"For Kelly." He says roughly. 

Then he turns around and goes to open both windows in my room. I sit on the bed beside Kelly and ask her if she needs anything. 

"I'm fine." She says. 

The way she's laying reminds me of vampires in movies. She's laying flat on her back with her arms crossed over her chest and straight as a board.

"Blake." I say as I see him staring out the window with a faraway look.

"What?" He says simply.

"Can I talk to you in the hallway?" I asked as politely as I could. It took a lot of restraint because my wolf demands respect, and I wasn't getting that.

"Whatever." He said and walked towards my doors.

I gave Kelly a lasting look before I got up myself and headed into the hallway. I shut the door behind me.

"Clearly you mean something to Kelly." I start.

"We've known each other since we were young." He spoke sternly. Clearly still upset that he's in my presence, and in the center of my pack.

"I'm trying to be kind here." I start with roughly. "It's obvious you don't want her to stay here alone."

"Oh is it? Because within a month of her getting here, she gets kidnapped and almost dies. She would be better off with me." He growls out at me. 

It's not like I don't understand where he's coming from. She's my mate and I managed to let her get kidnapped and attacked. I still don't appreciate the tone and disrespect though.

"Well I'm not letting her leave the pack house." I ground out. "But maybe I can talk my father into letting you stay here."