Chapter 8

Kelly's POV

"I'm talking to an old friend. Why does it matter to you, dog?" Blake said really angrily. Calling a werewolf dog is a really bad insult. They don't like it very much.

Xavier looks at me and asks me, "You know him?" He doesn't look too happy about it, but I don't care.

"Yes, I do." I answered. "Our families go way back. I mean he's practically my brother."

"Well you shouldn't be. He's not... safe." Xavier says. He thinks I'm human so he won't say that he's a vampire to me. And I can't say I know since I'm trying to keep my cover.

"Why not? I've known him since forever." I give my best fake, innocent, smile.

"Ya, why not Xavier?" Blake says in a condescending tone. I elbow him in the gut and he barely moves, but that's ok. I can't let him blow my cover so easily.

"H-He... He's just not, ok!" Xavier yells.

"Whatever." I say and roll my eyes. I turn around to Blake and ask him, "Where's the front office? I need to get my schedule?"

"This way." Blake says as he smirks at Xavier over my head. He put his hand on my shoulder to show me the direction to go and I shrugged it off. I never was one for physical touch. 

We got away from Xavier and his friend. I made sure that we were far enough away from him so he couldn't here me talking.

Without looking at him, I started whispering, "What were you doing? I'm trying not to blow my cover here." 

"What are you going to do?" He asked, completely ignoring my question. "When the bloodlust comes. I know you get it less often than a normal vampire, but still, what are you going to do?"

"You avoided my question. But I'm going to do what I've always done. Go find a wild animal, use that spell to make them calm, and have a little blood. It will be enough to get me another month or so. I don't plan on staying that long anyway." I answer him.

"You can't do that forever, and it's not always going to work. You'll have to feed more and more and sooner and sooner each time." 

He thinks he knows so much about me. I mean he does, since I basically lived with him when we were little, but he doesn't know everything. I know what I can handle. 

"I'm not like you, you don't know." I say gritting my teeth. "Here's the office, I'll see you later."

"Just think realistically Kelly." He said. "See you later."