Chapter 41

Xavier's POV

I know I should've been disgusted the way she just drank all that blood, but I couldn't help but be fascinated by my mate.

Kelly must have been really hungry to spill so much on herself. I thought it was cute though. 

"Enjoy that?" I asked, stifling a laugh.

"I did..." She answered me hesitantly.

"Looks like it." I smiled, not outright laughing. I didn't think she would enjoy that.

Kelly looked down and noticed how much blood she had managed to spill on herself. She blushed a little, seemingly embarrassed. She never had to be embarrassed with me.

She kept a straight face, shrugged, and said "Worth it."

"The nurse is getting your discharge paperwork ready. You'll be able to leave this hospital room soon." I stated looking at the floor in disappointment. I didn't want her to leave. I knew as soon as she was allowed to leave, she would run as far away as possible.

"Thanks." She spoke under her breath. Almost as if she didn't want me to hear it, but with my advanced hearing, I heard it loud and clear.

I smiled, a small smile, to myself. I looked up when I heard the door open. I caught the growl in my throat when I noticed it was just the nurse.

"Here is the discharge paperwork, your parents will need to come sign it for her as they're her legal guardians. After they do that, Kelly is free to go home." She spoke to me. 

I immediately mind linked my parents to tell them they had to come sign the papers.

"As for you Kelly," The nurse spoke to her. "You are on bed rest and limited movement until your wound heals. That means only getting up for the bathroom or a bath, no showers. And don't soak in the bath too long, that can irritate it. You'll need to schedule an appointment for a week from today so the doctor can check and make sure it's healing properly. Any questions?" The nurse spoke with one breath and a smile. I don't think I would've been able to speak that much with one breath.

"Do I need to change the bandage at any point?" Kelly asked. I was glad she was taking this seriously. If she didn't then she could die. I mean it could get infected or just not heal.

"Only after you bathe. I'll get you some stuff for that and then once your paperwork is signed and you make that appointment, you're good to go." The nurse walked out of the room and I turned to Kelly.

She looked like she was staring into space. 

"Kelly?" I asked, but got no response. "Kelly!" I tried again. Still no response.

I got up from the chair I was sitting in and took the few steps to her side. I gently put my hand on her shoulder. That seemed to snap her out of whatever trance she was in because she whipped her head to me like she didn't even realize I moved.

"What happened? Are you ok?" I asked her.

"I- I don't know." She stuttered.

The Orphaned Hybrid Mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें