Chapter 24

Kelly's POV

Ok what did I miss? Why is Xavier being so weirdly nice to me?

"Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?" As soon as I asked to question I regretted it. He was my beloved. It doesn't matter the age for vampires to find their beloved, if the other is a werewolf or witch then they just have to find you first. 

"You're my mate." He said and looked at me lovingly. Vampires only get one beloved in their life, but werewolves can have a second chance mate. Not all of them, but most of them do.

"I-I-I don't know what to say." I said and his face fell a little.

"Please just don't reject me." He said sadly and I knew that even though I wanted to leave, I couldn't anymore. I wouldn't be able to reject him. I could have a family with someone else, but they would never be able to fill the hole in me that rejecting Xavier would make.

"I won't" I said. And gave him a sad smile. "But-"

"Please don't say a but. Only bad things come after that word." He came closer and said. At this point I had just realized that we were alone and the party was over.

"But I-" I started but was cut off.

"You'll be coming with me." A strange voice said. We both looked to where it came from and a stranger stepped out of the shadows.

"Go get her for me." He said and I didn't even realize other people were here. I turned back to Xavier only to find him passed out on the ground with a dart in his neck. At this my vampire got pissed. She pulled me back so hard, and I swear I'm not going to let her out for a while after she's done, and she took control. We didn't even touch anyone yet and I could feel a dart in my neck too. Then everything went dark.