Chapter 5

Kelly's POV

What?! I have to go to school so soon?! I can't! I'm not ready! Oh god, there's going to be so many werewolves. 

"What?" I whispered and looked down. If I play my cards right, I won't have to go to school for a while.

"Well, you have to go to school hunny." Ashley said. "It's the middle of the year, so the sooner the better." 

"But, I need time to grieve. I-I need to get used to this place. I mean my whole family just d-died." I said with tears in my eyes. I don't actually need to cry. I was closest with my mom, but even we weren't very close. And like I said, I've been around death too much for it to actually get to me any more. Even when it is my family.

"Ok... um..." Ashley stutters. She's a mom, isn't she better at dealing with crying. Oh, that's right, she only has boys. This might be easier than I thought. "I'll talk to the school. How about a week? You can start going next week on Monday? Since today is Sunday anyway."

"Thank you so much." I whispered with a few tears on my cheeks. That should give me plenty of time to get out of here.

"Of course. Now lets all get some rest. Good night." She said and everyone walked away towards their rooms, and I walked into the room I was given.

I sat in the middle of the bed. I can't trust these people. They could be hiding the fact that they know what I am just so they can take me out at the easiest second.

"Hey." I heard from my door and I looked up quickly. It was Xavier.

"What are-" I started saying just angrily. Crap! I need to be crying. "What are you doing?" I said with tears this time.

"Save the tears, I know you're not really crying. I mean I do that too, I just don't get away with it. I guess when it's not really your kid it's harder to see the fakeness of the tears." He said as he walked into the room and closer to the bed.

"Fine, but what are you doing in here?" I said with a straight face.

"I know you don't want to be here. And you clearly haven't even tried to sleep since you came in here about... 5 hours ago. I wanted to ask if there was anything I could do to help?"

Why would he want to help me? I just gave him a confused look and a glare. He didn't seem to actually like me very much. Why is he being nice?

"What? I just wanted to try and be nice? I know what it's like to lose family." He whispered the last part.

"Tell your mom I'll go tomorrow. I thought about it and I might as well get the first day over and done with." I tell him. I really did think about it. It'll be easier to get away from the school than here.

"Ok. You might want to get some sleep." He says as he leaves the room and shuts the door.

"Ya." I say and finally fall asleep.