Chapter 1

Kelly's POV

I never wanted to move. Not before what happened at least. 

I've been around death before. Too many times to count. I never thought I'd have to deal with  my parents death though. I had just got home and found both my parents dead, along with some random woman. My mom and I both knew that my dad wasn't the most faithful person, but she'd never caught him. She had no proof so she couldn't say anything to him. 

My mom was on the floor in the kitchen with a gun by her hand. My dad and the woman were in the living room. I called the cops as fast as I could after that. Since I'm only 16 I still needed a legal guardian, but I had no family other than my parents. 

The lady that took me said that they had already contacted a foster family for me to live with. The only thing is that they live in the middle of the forest. They had to move me from my families New York apartment to the middle of nowhere in Oregon. 

The lady that was taking me to the foster family didn't seem to like me very much. She told me that the family I was going to live with didn't actually want me and only agreed to take me because she told them that they were her last hope. I don't really care, I would have been fine on my own, but I can't do that so I have to go to these people. 

I had to get on a plane to get there. I'm going alone because the lady, she said her name was Darla I think, said that she was too busy to fly for 6 hours just to leave me with strangers, then another 6 hours to get home. Anyway she said they were going to pick me up at the airport. 

I'll be on this  plane for 6 hours so I might as well get some sleep. I put my headphones on and quickly fell asleep.

The thing is, I have a secret, a really big secret. A secret that only my parents knew about. 

I'm half vampire, half witch. I'm a hybrid.