Chapter 37

Kelly's POV

"Who are all of you?" I asked. I was still glaring very hard at all of them. I mean who gave the one, the right to call me cupcake? I sure as hell did not want him to. 

No one could seem to answer my question. They all seemed shocked. What was I missing?

"Y-you don't remember?" The one that called me cupcake asked coming closer.

I backed away as I answered, "Remember what?" 

"You're m-" He started, but before he had the chance to say anything the doctor started talking.

"Can I see you three outside? Please." When she asked, they all quickly obliged. 

After they all left the room, I pulled out all of the needles that were stuck to me, and the sticker things off of my chest.

There was an en suite bathroom, so I got out of bed. At least I tried to. I hadn't realized that what the doctor said was true, my stomach was very much still an open wound. I don't know how long "still" was, but from the doctors words, it's clearly been a while.

I managed to get out of the bed, and slowly make my way over to the bathroom. The conversation outside my room was taking a while so I figured I might be able to get out of here.

Once the bathroom door was shut and locked, I started to peel off the bandages on my stomach. Most times, when I bandage myself, they stick to the wound, but these ones didn't. I managed to get the bandages completely undone and gasped at what I saw. There was a giant bite mark... from a werewolf.

Who did this? Surely they had to know?! That's why I was here, they are going to torture me. But why did they keep me alive? Why help me, if in the end, all they're going to do is kill me anyway?

"Where'd she go?" I heard growled from outside the bathroom door. It was the one that called me cupcake. He seems to do most of the talking.

"She's in the bathroom. Follow her scent." The other male in the group responded calmly. I knew they had a keen sense of smell, but I didn't realize it was that good.

I looked at the handle to make sure that I had locked the door. I did. A few seconds later the door handle jiggled and I backed away until my back hit the wall that was opposite of the door.

"Cupcake?" The voice on the other side said. "Please unlock the door and come out. The doctor needs to check on you." 

I could tell he was leaning on the door as he spoke, his voice was too clear.

"I don't know any of you." I said. "And clearly you know what I am..." I hesitated before I spoke again. "That's why I have this huge bite isn't it?"

"No you've got it all wrong!" He said exasperatedly. 

There was whispering outside of the door before he said anything else.

"Look, I can't explain, but please, trust me that it isn't what you think?" He asked quietly, although I could hear him just fine.

There was no reason for me to open the door. Hell, there was no reason for me to trust a werewolf! But for some reason, I did.

I slowly walked over to the door and unlocked it. It immediately swung open and I jumped back in shock. That was a bad idea though. 

I groaned as I leaned over clutching onto my side. The bite hurt so much right now.

"Oh no! Are you ok?" The guy said. I have yet to learn his name though.

I didn't get a chance to respond as he quickly picked me up and carried me over to the bed. 

The odd part of that though, and it's odd that this was the odd part, there were very faint tingles where his arms were touching me and where my body met his chest. Weird.