Chapter 36

Xavier's POV 

 (Before Kelly wakes up)

It's already been a week and Kelly is still unconscious. 

I look up from her unconscious form as the doctor and my parents walk in.

"When is she going to wake up doc?" I almost cry as I ask. I can't live without her.

"There's no way to tell for sure." She says as she looks over all the monitors that Kelly is hooked up to. "Her vitals look good though. She's doing great healing."

She changes the bandages on Kelly's abdomen because it still hasn't healed for some reason. It's hard waiting for her to wake up. I can feel our bond breaking like she's slowly slipping away. 

"Son," My mom whispers to me. "You have to go shower and eat. Kelly wouldn't want you to sit here and waste like this."

"I can't leave mom. What if she wakes up while I'm gone? She can't be here alone." I say angrily.

"She won't want to wake up and see you like this either." My father says. He doesn't usually come with mom to see me here with Kelly. He doesn't like her because she's the very thing he swore to protect us, his pack, from. It turns out she wasn't as much of a problem as he thought she was and he's going through denial right now.

"I can't let her be alone when she wakes up though." I say looking at her with guilt. She's in here because of me. 

"We'll stay here. If she wakes up, we'll tell you before she can even open her eyes." My dad tells me. I didn't think he cared this much.

"Fine. But tell me immediately if anything changes." I tell my parents as I slowly get up and walk towards the door. "I'm trusting her life with you two." I finish as I close the door behind me and start walking to the pack house. 

Once I reach it, I go up the stairs to my room and enter. I grab a fresh set of clothes before I get into the shower.

I take my time to make sure I'm clean, and the warm water relaxes my aching muscles from leaning over the hospital bed for so long.

I get out and dress in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. I go to sit on my bed, but end up laying down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-vier! I hear in my mind as I groggily wake up. Xavier!

What? I question back, it's my father.

Get your ass down here! He yells. Kelly is dying!

I leap out my bed and run as fast as I can to the hospital and her room. As I entered there were doctors all around performing CPR, providing air, and shocking her heart.

She has to make it. I can't live without her. She has to be the luna... my luna.

"She's back," One of the doctors announced. "But she still isn't waking up." 

Just as the doctors all left the room, we heard a noise. She was finally waking up.

"Ugghh" Came from Kelly.

"Turn the lights off." I growled at the doctor, who happened to hear her. She did as I said.

When Kelly opened her eyes, she started glaring at everyone. I don't understand why though.

"Are you ok? The doctor is going to check you over." I rush out just as she looks at me. All I got in response was a confused look. I chose not to acknowledge it.

The doctor asked how she was feeling and if she was in any pain. Although she never answered and kept glaring.

"Hey, cupcake, it's ok." I said as I came up beside her. It seemed that her glare deepened when I called her cupcake. "Just let the doctor know how you're feeling. Please?" I asked her.

"Your stomach isn't healing properly. After waiting this long, I think it's time to run some tests to figure out why." The doctor told her.

"Who are all of you?" She asked still glaring.

Everyone just froze. She forgot?