Chapter 27

Xavier's POV

We've been over every possibility on what could have happened to her. I don't know how I can't find her. It's been a month and there's no sign on where she could be.

My family is starting to worry about me though. I'm barely eating or sleeping. I spend all of my time in my office trying to plan more ways to find her, and when I'm not in my office, I'm out in the woods searching for any sign of where she could be.

"Alpha! Alpha!" Someone says as they barge into my office out of breathe.

I growl deep and loud. I can smell that she's a rogue. What are the guards for if they can't keep one simple rogue out of my office. I stood and grabbed her throat and pushed her against the wall continuing to growl.

"Please Alpha. I know where your mate is." She chokes out. I'm so confused and stunned that I let go and drop her giving her time to get to another wall away form me.

"What are you talking about?" I growl out to her.

"Your mate, Kelly, right?" She says holding her throat. I didn't squeeze it that hard, damn she's over reacting.

"How do you know about her?" I say and stalk slowly towards her this time.

"That doesn't matter." She argues.

I quickly get in front of her and hold her by her throat again. "If I ask a question, you answer it, got that rogue?" I growl out to her.

"Fine." She chokes out again. I let go and she slides down to the floor.

"You want to find your mate? You gotta listen to me." She says glaring.

I growl but answer her. "Where is she?"

"I can't tell you." She says simply.

"Why the hell not? You just said you knew where she was." I growl. Man I'm growling a lot.

"No, I told you I know how to find her." She says and sits on the couch in my office.

Just then two warriors barge into my office. They're out of breathe and look very beaten down.

"We're so sorry Alpha." They both say bowing their heads in submission. "She somehow got the better of us and came here to you."

"Leave." I say simply. I don't understand how she took down two of my warriors, but that doesn't matter right now since I'm trying to find my mate.

"Well we should get started then." She says. "By the way, my name is Tarah."