Chapter 38

Kelly's POV

The guy gently laid me onto the hospital bed. The doctor was standing very close behind him, it almost made me feel jealous. But why? IT had to be because she was completely fine and didn't have a huge gash on her side. Ya, that was why. Not because she was so close to the guy, definitely not because of that.

"Ok, I'm going to check your vitals and make sure everything is going ok." She said as that guy backed away and she got closer.

She started attaching all the wires again and looking at the many screens. 

"Do you know your name?" She asked me randomly.

"Kelly Clark," I said.

"Date?" She asked as she wrote things down.

"Well I know I've been out for a while so no..." I said. I hated being wrong so I didn't want to guess on a day.

"What's the last date you remember then?" She asked me. She was staring right at me, it was a little nerve racking to be honest.

"Um, April 3rd?" I said, although it sounded more like a question.

"And what's the last thing you remember?" 

"Leaving for school." I answered. "Speaking of, are my parents here? They probably want to get me out of here as soon as possible." I tried looking out the window of the room and into the hallway. I didn't see them though. It wasn't surprising, their not very attentive and absolutely hate werewolves. But that would just mean they want to leave even sooner.

"Kelly," The doctor said softly and put her hand on my shoulder. "You're parents are no longer with us." 

"What?" I asked with a blank face. 

"They passed on." She told me. 

Everyone seemed to be on the edge of their seats, waiting for my reaction.

I just laughed. I'm not surprised they're dead, they probably killed each other!

"Wh-what happened?" I said in between laughs.

"Well... um..." The doctor started saying while looking at the other people in the room.

The guy that put me in the bed got closer and started talking to me.

"Your mother shot your father and... uhhh... his... mistress." He told me.

I burst out laughing even harder! I'm absolutely not surprised by that. I mean I always knew dad was cheating. 

I regretted my choice to laugh though, my side started throbbing in pain and I immediately stopped laughing.

"Well, after that you came to live with us." The lady in the back said.

"Ok... can I ask who everyone is though? I don't know who anyone is and it's a little annoying." I said. I needed to know who they were. I can't not know, even though I don't plan on being here long.

"Oh! Well I'm Ashley and this would be my husband Cole." She said referring to the guy beside her.

"I'm Xavier." The one that called me cupcake finally told me. Well I know their names now so that makes things a little easier.

"Ok, now when can I leave?" I asked with the most serious face I could muster.

"You can't" Xavier growled out and then coughed. "I mean you haven't healed enough yet so you can't leave... yet."

What the hell? Why does he care? As far as I was aware, he was supposed to hate me. 

So how much exactly have I missed?