Chapter 39

Xavier's POV

Kelly can't leave! She's my mate. I need her here with me so she can rule the pack beside me and be my luna.

"How much am I missing?" Kelly asked Doctor Laura.

"I can't give you that information exactly." Doctor Laura started to explain. "You have a form of amnesia. We're hoping that you'll regain your memories in time, but if we give you certain details, it could cause your memories to not come back at all."

"Then why did you tell me my parents are dead?" Kelly asked. That was a very good question. One that I had started considering myself.

"That is almost the first thing that happened after the last thing you remember. I don't believe that will set you back any." Doctor Laura told her. "Now, I'm done checking over you and as I have other patients I need to leave. If anything changes in her condition, please call me right away."

"Of course. Thank you." I tell Laura on her way out the door. 

"Your father and I will also be taking our leave. There are matters we need to attend to." My mom said.

I didn't say anything and only nodded in response.

"Why?" Kelly asked me as soon as the door shut.

"Why what?" I questioned.

"Why was I saved? This is clearly a wolf bite. And I'm a hybrid, doesn't everyone hate me?" She clarified.

"I wish I could answer your question... but I can't." I told her. "The doctor said that if I explained anything, you may not regain any of your memories."

"I know what she said, I was here." Kelly stated angrily. "I was just hoping that I could get an answer for that I guess." She shrugged.

"I wish I could tell you." I spoke as a took slow steps toward her. "I just want to make sure you remember everything though." 

"Fine." She said and looked away from me. "Can I know why I'm not healing?"

"We don't know." I answered her question this time. "The doctor can't figure out why you're not healing, but then again you're a hybrid so she doesn't know all that much."

"How long have I been out? I definitely need to feed." She said. She tried to get out of the hospital bed, but I was quickly at her side to keep her from leaving.

"I can get you anything you need." I told her. She can't risk being hurt any more than she already is.

"I need to feed." She spoke angrily while glaring at me.

"And I can get you the food you need." I told her. I was trying not to get angry at her blatant disrespect towards me. 

"I don't need food." She told me.

"Then what?" I asked her.

"Blood." She leaned back, crossed her arms, and waited for my reaction. 

Jokes on her though, because I simply replied, "ok" and turned toward the door.

"Don't leave this room." I said as I opened the door. "I'll be back with some blood for you."

I shut the door without waiting to hear her response. I knew she didn't like being told what to do, but like I've been thinking this entire time, she needs to heal.