Chapter 28

Kelly's POV

I'm not sure exactly how long it's been since I came here, but I know it's been a long time. I learned that Katherine was, in fact, talking about me. I was the child she lost. I haven't told her yet. I don't know how to tell her.

She talks about her daughter, me, everyday. It seems like she has so many stories even though I was taken at such a young age, only a few months old. I also found out that she was the witch parent. My father was the vampire to my hybrid. 

I've been planning how to get out of here. I noticed that whenever they come in to my cell they never actually lock the door, so when they unlock my cuffs I can get out. If I'm fast enough. I haven't been able to gain enough energy yet though.

"Are you ok?" Katherine asked me. "You look a little lost in thought."

"I have a plan." I blurted out. I also learned that there are no cameras or microphones down here. The guards do too much and say too much, that I've realized that. They always complain how the boss wouldn't like that. "We're getting out of here."

"Really?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"Definitely." I said and smiled. We're doing this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xavier's POV

Tarah started working with the trackers to help find Kelly. I've still been in my office most of the time unless we were out searching for her. I can't help[ but feel like we're getting closer, but I don't want to get my hopes up. There was a knock on my door.

"Enter." I said.

"Alpha." a tracker said as they came in. "We've got something."

"Finally." I said as I quickly got up and ran outside.

"What's going on?" I asked the head tracker.

"The reason her scent stopped right at the border was because she didn't actually go that way." He said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked quickly. If he doesn't get to the point quick then I'm going to hurt him. I growled so he got the point without me having to say anything.

"W-Well, we n-noticed tha-" Tarah luckily cut him off.

"That there was a slight scent on the Eastern border." She said glaring at my tracker. I wanted to growl since she's still technically a rogue and disrespecting one of my pack members. She continues, "I know what you're thinking and yes, her original scent was on the western border. This means that-"

"That she's being kept somewhere close by. Otherwise her scent would be completely gone by now." I finish for her, excited because I might get my mate back.