Chapter 22

Xavier's POV

My birthday party started at 6 and it's already 8. I haven't even smelt the slightest hint that my mate is here. 

I was drinking and talking to one of the youngest pack warriors when I caught her scent. My mate is here!

I turned to look for her and my wolf howled mate to me when I found her. It was Kelly!

After looking longer I noticed that Henry was holding her hand and talking to her. My wolf and I both got extremely jealous and protective so I did what I thought I should have done.

"MINE" I growled loudly at her. I started walking towards her when I saw her falling. She passed out. Henry caught her so when I got there I growled at him.

"She's mine." My wolf was definitely showing right now.

"I know bro. I just didn't want her to hit her head. Have her." He told me calmly. He probably thought I was going to freak out and rip him apart or something. In all honesty I might have.

I took her limp body in my arms and carried her inside up to my room. She smelled amazing. At this point I didn't even care that she was a hybrid. I was taught to always love my mate. No matter what they are.

I laid her on my bed and then just looked at her. I know it may seem creepy, but she's my mate. She was so beautiful. I was brought back from my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door.

I went and answered it and saw my mom and father.

"You found her?!" My mom asked excitedly.

"Yes." I said with pride. She will be the perfect luna.

"Well who is it?" My father asked impatiently. I opened the door to let them through and see. They both gasped when they saw.

"No. She can't be luna." My father told me.

"Why not? She's my mate." I told him. My wolf is starting to get restless with my fathers clear disrespect towards our mate.

"She's a hybrid." My father growled back at me.

"That just means she's strong. She's been through so much and hasn't let any of it get to her." I know I don't know her all that well because I didn't talk to her much. But now I can make up for that and know everything about her.

"She will no-" My father was cut off by my mother.

"You're right. Who are we to stand in the way of your fate. The moon goddess chose her for a reason right?" My mom was glaring at my father the entire time she said this.

I was about to talk when I heard a groan coming from my mate.

"ughn"