Chapter 73- Gone

Steve's POV

We're all sitting around doing nothing as we hear they rumble of the Bifrost. Everyone scrambled to get into a to go lift up to the roof.
I know Y/N will be ok. She's strong and capable. She'll be fine.
When we reach the roof we clamber out onto the landing pad, and there's Thor.
I feel my heart become heavy and drop.
He's down on one knee, looking at the sky.
Everyone stands in a stunned silence, no one daring to move.
It takes a moment to register before I really understand.
Y/N is gone.
"Was it peaceful?" Wanda asks.
Thor looks at the ground and lightly shakes his head.
"She bled out," Bruce says. It's not a question, it's a statement. He knows what happened.
Thor looks at him and nods.
I take a moment to look around at everyone.
Tony and Pepper are hugging Peter. Wanda and Vision are leaning into each other. Scott, Nat and Clint are all staring looking at the ground. Strange, Bruce and Sam are all standing with their hands behind their backs.
I've found an old friend and lost a new one, all at once.
We're a mess of tears and emotion. We didn't know Y/N for that long but she was dear to us.
We all slowly move inside.
Once we're all seated I ask the question we've all been dreading, "What happened?"
"They couldn't get a blood transfusion fast enough and she'd lost so much blood that she passed as they were bandaging her wounds," Thor answers.
"How's Loki?" Tony asks.
"He freaked out and ran off into the mountains. There's a whole army looking for him," Thor says.
We're all silent once again.
"There's something you're not telling us," Strange says.
Thor looks up at everyone and takes a deep breath.
"Her body disappeared."