Chapter 16- Keep Together

Loki and I get lead into a foyer. I have to get out of here. I struggle against the grip of Steve and Clint but they hold firm. I can't use magic so I'm left with one option. Self defence.
We walk for a little longer. I need to catch them off guard. I suddenly find the perfect moment. I head butt both Steve and Clint and make a run for it only for something to hit my head and my vision to go black.

—————————

"I wake slowly on a hard floor. My head is throbbing. I sit up and notice that my hands are chained to the side of the cell I'm in. I look around.
Is Loki here?
He had to be.
I see a cell opposite from mine and there he is. He's noticed me and stands up and comes to the side of his cell.
"Can you hear me?" He says.
I nod.
"Are you ok?" He asks.
"My head really hurts but other than that I think so. Do you know why they've captured us? We weren't doing any harm," I say.
"Nope. Since they threw us in these cells I've had no contact with any of them," he tells me.
"How long was I out?" I ask him.
"About an hour or so I'd guess," he replies.
I walk to the back of my cell and sit down.
The cell is a white square with glass all around it and the traditional movie jail cell bars on the front.
I need to somehow get to Loki.
That's when it hit me.
I put my hair up in a bun this morning and it's still up.
They've really missed something.
I used pins in it so I can use them to pick the locks and get to Loki.
I pull the pin out and get to work.
My left cuff slicks as I get it off, followed by my right. After that I go and work on the one at the front I'd my cell.
So old fashioned these people are.
I open the cell door and walk over to Loki's.
I unlock it, walk in and lock it again.
"Why aren't we escaping?" Loki asks as I unlock his cuffs.
"We're gaining trust. I know it's not a good start that I'm picking locks but I want to be with you. If I stay in here and we don't try to escape and keep ourselves locked in here maybe they'll think that we're ok together. I won't cause trouble when I'm with you but if they lock me in a seperate cell I will cause trouble. If you do the same they'll realise that the best thing for them to do is to keep us together," I tell him.
He nods taking in what I've said.
"I like your thinking," he tells me.