Chapter 42- Dinner

We have our first dinner with the Avengers tonight and I'm honestly really nervous. I know I shouldn't be but I know that it'll be awkward. I was told that Wanda is really good a cooking and so she'd be making dinner tonight.
"Y/N!" Loki's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I look up at him. "It's fine, it won't be too awkward."
"That's not fair! get out of my head!" I say to him.
He chuckles. "When you're completely out of it like that it's so easy though!" He says pouting a bit.
I glare at him and get up. He follows me out of the room as we make our way to the lifts. We're on one of the higher floors of the building so it makes it harder to escape. It also means that it takes longer to get up and down levels. Eventually the lift opens to the avengers dining room. Most people are already there and Natasha is setting out the food on the table. I follow behind Loki as we walk over to the table.
"Do you want us to sit anywhere specific?" I asks. Tony shakes his head.
We take 2 free seats that are at the ned of the table. Loki is on my left and Wanda comes and sits down on my right.
"Hey!" She smiles.
"Hey," I say back shyly.
The rest of the Avengers come and sit around the table. Natasha sits on the other side of Wanda.
"Good to have another girl around!" She says.
I smile and laugh a bit.
Everyone begins to eat.
"So Y/N, where were you living before Loki abducted you?" Sam asks.
"Just outside New York," I reply. He nods.
"Pretty nice out there," He says.
"It was quite nice. On that topic, Tony, could you have someone escort me down to my old apartment so I can get myself some clothes and stuff?" I ask.
"Yeah, Nat and Wanda can take you," he replies.
"Thanks," I say.
The rest of the meal goes by with lots of chatter among everyone. They all catch up on what's been happening recently in each other's lives. I feel an odd sensation in my head. Realising what it is I roll my eyes.
'Loki, get out of my head,' I say in my mind.
I hear him chuckle beside me and I kick his leg.
I need to learn how to block him out.