Chapter 43- Sleepy

After dinner Tony insists that we stay and talk to everyone for a little bit. We all head to the living room and I sit in the corner of the couch curled up in a ball. Loki went to talk to Thor and catch up on some stuff he'd missed since he'd been gone. I'm happy to just sit and observe people talking and watch what people do.
Steve comes and sits down next to me.
"Hey," He says.
"Hey," I say quietly
"Not much of a socialite?" He asks.
I shake my head.
"I just came to thank you. Bucky, who you were talking about was my best friend back in the 30's and 40's and I lost him when a mission went wrong. Now knowing that he's alive and we've found him and can go get him has been really great for me. I can't thank you enough," He says.
I smile at him and he gets up to go back to talking to people.
People begin to take seats on the neatly arranged couches. Loki comes and sits next to me. Drinks get passed around and I take a bottle of (your favourite drink) and sip on it as I listen to the conversations that people are having. I finish my bottle pretty quickly. No one has very interesting conversation and it's mostly just people catching up on the lives of the other. My eyelids begin to droop and I get drowsy. I tilt to the side and lightly bump into something as I fall asleep.

Loki POV
I join in some conversation as with people. I want people to trust me a bit more so I try to be friendly. I took some alcohol from Tony as Midgardian alcohol doesn't really effect Asgardians. We've been talking for a while when I feel a light weight on my arm. I look over and Y/N has fallen asleep on my arm. She looks so peaceful. I lower her head down so head is in my lap and I conjure a blanket to lay over her. I stroke her hair lightly and join back in the conversation.

Eventually people begin to head back up to their rooms.
Thor looks over at me and notices Y/N.
"Awww brother, you're so sweet with her," He says.
I look at him and give him a dirty look before gently picking Y/N up bridal style.
"Would you look at that, you do have a soft side," Thor says.
I scowl at him again and carry Y/N up to our room.
I put her down on her bed. I remember that she had shoes on so I took them off before tucking her in. I kiss her forehead lightly.
"Sleep well pet," I say.