Chapter 24- Some Power

"You might not want to watch this, my Jotun form isn't exactly nice," Loki says to me.
"I highly doubt that. Just because it wasn't exactly accepted by people you grew up with doesn't mean that it's ugly. I bet it's nice," I tell him.
"Ok. Hurt your eyes at your own risk," He says.
I sigh and shake my head.
"Alright, here goes nothing," He says.
I watch as he slowly turns Jotun.
He closes his eyes and his Asgardian form slowly shimmers away to a beautiful blue colour with sliver patterns running through his skin. I stand staring at him with my mouth agape. He opens his eyes and they're a piercing crimson red. It's amazing.
"You're staring mortal," He says to me.
"Sorry. It's just that it-" he cuts me off.
"Uglier than you though. I look like a monster don't I?" He says hurt.
"No! It's beautiful!" I say slightly out of breath.
He tilts his head and looks at me.
"You really think so?" He asks.
"Absolutely! It's incredible!" I tell him honestly.
"Thanks. Now let's try this magic," he says to me.
He closes his eyes again and a green glow begins to shimmer around his hands. it disappears and he opens his eyes again.
"It works!" He says.
"I know. Do you know what you can and can't do?" I ask him.
"No not exactly yet," he says.
"Can you make stuff really cold?" I ask.
"Yes," he replies.
"If you can make the bracelets you're wearing and the lock on your cell really cold that should work. At least one of them has to be hooked up to something. The cold should hopefully short circuit the system and it might do something to the bracelets and they could break down giving us enough power to make mischief in one of our cells and then go to other persons one. Then they'll have to let us be together, surely," I say.
"Alright," he says.

Just want to clarify that I don't know if the cold could short circuit a system in the context I've put it in. I know that the cold can cause a short circuit though. Thanks.