Chapter 15: Taylor

"I feel like I need a shower." I whisper and Grace laughs.

"Taylor, do you want to meet me for a late lunch?" She asks and I look at the time.

"Damn, we've been on the phone for a long time." I sigh.

"Yeah, Nate will be back with the kids any minute probably with a pizza or something. I can still meet you." She chimes.

"Sure." I answer.

"I can meet you at the diner?" She asks.

"Yeah, twenty minutes." I answer.

"Alright then." I hear the phone click signaling she hung up. I call Skinner he answers on the third ring out of breath.

"Hey, baby." He rasps and I arch a brow.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah, just keeping busy, I can tell you later." He answers and he seems a little off, but I shrug it off.

"Yeah, just letting you know I will be leaving to have a late lunch with Grace." I answer and get up finding my wallet, slipping it into my jeans.

"Okay." He quips.

"Okay then bye I guess?" I chuckle.

"Bye." He hangs up abruptly. I think for a second, I really don't know him, he let me move in with him to get to know him, should I be worried? I decide to just shake the thoughts out of my head and head out to dinner with Grace.

I get to the diner and Grace is already there sitting in a booth and I hug her before sitting across from her. I still can't get the phone call out of my head, I don't know what to do about it.

"Hey." Grace greets with a smile and I try my best to match hers but it doesn't come through. "Don't freak out about the call." I waved her off.

"It's not that, I got off the phone with Skinner after telling him I was coming here and I guess he acted off." I explain but my tone makes it like I am asking. I see Mateo come from the bathrooms sitting in front of me, I look down.

"It's not you." Grace says to Mateo, and I look up meeting his gaze.

"How well do you know Skinner?" I look at both of them and they look at each other before looking back at me.

"I don't know the businessman until proven otherwise, but I know the Skinner that comes to my sons football games and took care of Grace." Mateo chimes and I nod.

"When I called him to tell him I would be leaving to meet you, he was out of breath and said he couldn't talk about it." I whispered looking at both of them. "Then I told him bye when he wouldn't say nothing else and he blurted bye and just hung up." I arch a brow at Grace's expression.

"You think I'm reading to much into it." I chime and Mateo smirks.

"To be honest, I would be concerned." Mateo quipped and our waiter, walked over taking our usual order while Mateo orders his.

"I don't think you are reading to much into it, I just think you don't know what he could have been doing." Grace says sipping her drink and my fist hits the table.

"You've seen more of him than me, back when you had to babysit Mr. Blondie." I tease and Grace chucks her straw paper at me.

"Fuck you." She scolds. "Yes, I saw the businessman until proven otherwise." She nods and Mateo looks over at her and I slap his arm.

"Don't get jealous." I wave a finger at him.

"I'm not." He smirks.

"Listen, the monster behind the mask is a little..." She trails off squinting an eye nodding before meeting my gaze. "Okay, he almost made me shit my pants." She blurts and I laughed. "He does it with a purpose though so I guess that gives him...something." She trails off.

"What happened?" Mateo asked and I look over at Grace.

"Did Emma tell you about mystery guy?" I asked and she arches a brow before shaking her head.

"Ok so, Emma wanted to get my mind off Skinner so she took me out, anyway I met this guy and we were..." I roll my hand before Mateo makes a motion for me to move over it. "I really can't do that, I couldn't get it up, he understood he left, gave me the hotel room for the night me and Emma stayed there." I explain and Mateo winces.

"How did Skinner come out of this?" Grace asked grabbing a popper and I take a quick swig of my drink.

"Apparently it was his club, so he saw the cameras, and one of his men, we went to the hotel right next to his bar so he knew." I shrug a shoulder and Grace's eyes look like they are about to burst out of her head, and I smirk. "Yeah, yeah, anyway so when me and Emma get back to the apartment I hear a knock at the door, open it seeing Skinner standing there with mystery guy standing beside him and he said he wanted to try with me." I explain and Grace starts shaking her head.

"You said yes." She whispers and I nod. "I wonder what would have happened to mystery guy if you said no." She quips and I throw my straw paper at her.