Chapter 31: Micah

"I'm hungry. Are you?" I ask and she looks up nodding.

"I could eat." She answers, I get up and put on some black sweats, I see her putting on my t-shirt and I smirk at her when she meets my gaze. My black t-shirt goes to her lower thigh, she looks so sexy in it, with her long hair about the same length as the shirt.

"You look so sexy in that." She walks to me and kisses my cheek; she wraps her hand around mine. We walk to the kitchen and she lets go going to the stool by the island but I shake my head at her. "Your turn to cook." I tell her and she smiles getting up.

"Anything specific?" She asks.

"No, cook whatever you want." I tell her and I watch her as she quietly walks around the kitchen after looking in the pantry. She pulls out some noodles, olive oil, flour, then butter, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and buttermilk and it clicks. "Italian." I quip and she smirks.

"It's my go to." She tells me, then I watch her as she works, she glides around the kitchen flawlessly almost like a dance. She completely zones in and she look almost as relaxed as she did when she was dancing for me. She looks up at me every once in a while, and smirks at me before looking back at what she's doing, she gets pasta going and fixes a sauce, puts in breadstick and comes sitting beside me. "Sorry if you didn't want it." She whispers and I put a hand on her thigh.

"It's perfect, T." I speak. "Where did you learn to cook?" I ask and she sighs.

"My mom, mostly, after me and Grace moved here and we got tired of Ramen and the same recipes I experimented." She answers.

"Oh yeah, yours is still alive right?" I ask and she nods smiling.

"Yep, mom and dad, both snarky as ever." She says and I laugh a little.

"How often do you talk to them?"

"Twice a week. Dads a lawyer, he travels out of town for his practice, mom's a teacher they both stay pretty busy." She explains and I nod. She gets up and stirs the sauce and stops cooking the pasta she drains it and puts the pasta in the pan with the pasta. She stirs it and then opens the oven getting out the breadsticks. "After a while you get a sense of when it's done." She quips and I smirk. I walk over and get down some plates and she puts olive oil on each breadstick with a brush.

"Grace told me a little bit about her childhood it didn't sound pretty. How about yours?" I thought I would just make conversation.

"Mine was pretty meh, a lot better than Grace's, my parents really let me do whatever I wanted after I turned 15. My parents before that screened vividly who I went to see, I think they only let me see Grace out of pity, but I didn't care. I never pitied her." She answers. "Not that I expected her dad to be the one who screwed all of us over but hey, can't pick them." She quipped and I arched a brow.

"Oh, yeah, I think Sike told me about that." I tell her and she scoffs pointing at me.

"About that did you know she flirted with Grace?" She says and I smirk.

"Really?" I grab the plates and start fixing them for us.

"Yes! She tried fishing for information at night about her, we slept in the same room." She explains. "Then she found Dr. Castillo then was done." She made this waving motion and I laughed.

"Yeah, I know all about this Dr. Castillo." I quip I put the plates on the island. "She rambled about her for weeks." I tell her and she nods at me.

"I never met Castillo but she did the same with me." She laughs and I smile taking a bite out of the pasta and I am genuinely surprised by how creamy and amazing it tastes.

"It tastes amazing, Kitten." I coo and she smiles. "Tell me more about yourself." I order her and she arches a brow.

"I don't know much about you... It's time tit for tat." She teases and I smile.

"What do you want to know?" I ask her.

"This isn't what I want to know but I've been wondering. After these three days, how often am I going to see you?" She asks and I was dreading this conversation.

"Kitten, I don't think much, honestly." I whisper and I see her gaze flicker. "Blondie is hiding somewhere so I may not be able after tonight." I tell her and she puts the fork down.

"On the daily how often are you home?" She asks.

"To sleep." I answer honestly.

"Okay." She quips picking it back up.

"Okay?" I ask.

"Yes, okay at least I will see you." She holds her hand up like it's obvious. "I want to ask something but I don't know if I want the answer." She mutters and I smirk.

"Just ask." I demand picking up a breadstick.

"Were you with anyone after me the first time?" She blurts out and my gaze snaps to hers instantly.

"No." I scold.

"Really?" The next thing I know I'm holding is her throat.