Page 47

"I'm gonna rip his penis off, gonna turn him into a limp dick unicorn like the movie Spy," I grumbled face down in the comforter, Paul huffing next to me as he sat down against the pillow covered headboard, "your room is really nice..." I knew he smiled without seeing it for myself, "how do you sleep in here?" I turned my face from the comforter and looked at him, pulling my hair out of my face so I could see him. "In the bed how else?" I raised a brow moving my arms to rest my head on them, "so... No more hanging by the ceiling?" He laughed, "Nope, turns out David was just really trying to be the stereotypical vampire, so yeah..." I gave a hum, "well then."

"So, this means no more sleep piles?" He shook his head side to side, "we hang out still but it's pretty different, David kind of does his own thing now though. Your cheek's healed..." I nodded, touching it with my fingertips, "sorry about that," he shook his head, "it's not your fault baby." He reached over and patted my head, it turned into two pats and then multiple, "Pauly baby?" He hummed his question, "I'm not a dog." He smirked, "no but you can be my kitten," I snorted turning into a fit of giggles as I sat up, "awe Pauly baby, that was awful," I smiled moving to sit up next to him, "I mean it was kind of good, "I shook my head giving his cheek a pat, "no baby it wasn't..." I laughed softly and gave his cheek a kiss, "Rune?" I laid my head against his shoulder, "Yeah Paul?"

"You're not really going to leave are you?" I inhaled deeply before sighing as I nuzzled my head into his shoulder, his hidden earring jingling at the motion, "I'm not sure... I feel like I should but I really don't want to." He nodded, laying his head against mine and kissing my head, "then don't, that's always an option isn't it?" I bit my lip with a slow nod, "yeah, but it feels..." I could feel his hand start to scratch my back, "it feels really weird to stay here, even being here after leaving in the first place." I took a deep breath, "also, I really miss chicken and dumplings... then there's barbecue sandwiches and crawfish," I took a second, "I think I'm hungry," he hummed a little, "yeah, no, shit baby."

"Are you tired yet?" I closed my eyes, "the lights are still on," He nodded as I opened my eyes again, "do you want me to turn them off?" I nodded, "you can if you want to," he spoke after a few seconds, "i'll turn them off later," sighing I nodded again, "that's okay."

"Do you still love me?" I turned and sat up after a second of being confused, "of course baby..." Frowning, I saw his eyes were closed now, "why would you ask me that?" I knew why but for some reason it also felt right to feel like shit for what I had done, "you never came back..." He opened his eyes and looked at me sitting up from the bedpost as I crossed my legs, "I wanted to, but I had already left, I couldn't," he scoffed looking into my eyes, "you could have come back anytime Rune," my eyes softened. Turning away I rubbed my face before running my hands through my hair, "I couldn't I already tried to," he sat confused and I was exasperated, "I came back after a week and I was going to stay but I saw you guys on the pier talking to some girls and I just, I turned around and left." I waited before looking at him, "are you going to say anything? Paul?" He stayed quiet, not even looking at me. I nodded my head, licking my lips and got off the bed grabbing my jacket. I left the room quickly, not bothering to even close the door in my haste. I walked through the hallway passing Dwayne on the way as I slid my jacket back on.

"Rune?" I stopped, "huh?" I looked at him after turning, "where are you going, Paul finally bore you sweetheart?" I swallowed, shaking my head, "no, no I uh, I'm just gonna head home," I caught something out of the corner of my eye, it was Paul, he looked at me before walking back into the room and shutting the door, "what's wrong?" I looked back at Dwayne, "nothings wrong, just gotta get home Dwayne."

"It's sunrise, you can't go home, Rune," I bit the inside of my cheek, looking at him, "are you wearing sweatpants?" He looked down and back up at me, right before he stepped forward to grab ahold of my shoulder and pull me into his chest just to walk us both into his room.