Page 10

I lost count on what day it was. I never checked the date when they first got here so I really didn't know how long Sam, Lucy and Michael had been here but I was slowly getting used to them and I was connecting with Sammy pretty well. Mom was happy I was trying to give her a chance and that's what got Michael off my back a bit, he had taken to blaming things on me, not to get me in trouble but so he could do what he wanted and make me feel bad. I was rather annoyed with everything Michael was doing all because he found some new friends and a random girl to follow around like a puppy.

I was walking across the kitchen passing Sam, "what the hell?" He looked at me, "what?" I pointed at the floor, there were tracks of minerals, literal salt leading from the front door into the kitchen and I had stepped in some. Sticking to my feet was literal pebbles salt, "don't look at me, I cleaned up all my messes, Michael had salt all over his feet after coming home late."

"Where the hell did he get this much salt, the diner? What the fuck man..." I looked over talking as he grabbed a broom sweeping the mess he didn't make. I was completely annoyed, "I'm heading off, wanna come?" He shook his head at me, "Mom's making Michael watch me tonight for her date." I whistled in sympathy, "want me to bring you something back?" He shook his head at me as Michael came down in a robe tracking more salt everywhere, "clean this shit up Michael," scoffing with my words I left saying goodbye to Sammy while ignoring Michael.

I spent the better half of the day with what light was left riding the roller coaster and carousel with a few kids who were too scared to go by themselves, I was enjoying my time quite a bit, When it was completely dark outside I had visited the bookstore seeing if they had any more new shipments, unfortunately they didn't, so when I walked out of the store the guitar shop had caught my eye.

They received new guitars every three weeks, hopefully they still had some new editions that I could keep in the back until tomorrow when I brought the car down, that is if they had anything I would like. The store was lined with awfully neon electric guitars, the section in the back was way calmer and cool toned, I preferred black or brown but if there were any with green or red it would catch my interest as well unless it was like neon vomit, "see anything you like Rune, we have a few velvet worthy pieces in right now."

The velvet worthy thing he was talking about was my only empty guitar case, I had three guitars in total all with cases that fit them perfectly, each case completed with a velvet interior, my most recent one, I found the perfect guitar for was a viridian velvet interior and the other two were black, my empty case was a deep pumpkin orange, a totally groovin color in my opinion, "show me what you got Johnny."

I clapped my hands as he twirled around snapping his fingers, "over here is the top three newest and best girls if you ask me," I looked up at them, all three were beautiful pieces but I needed more intel for sure and a test, "the pearl front Zemaitis 1987, wanna try her out?" I shook my head as I looked her over it was too flashy and the price was as much as you would pay for an original one piece, "well I already know you don't want the Steinberger 1987, she's definitely not your style so last up is the custom designed Zemaitis BMF-CM2, dark cherry red stained maple wood, silver metal with vine designs covering the entire piece, here take her for a spin," It was gorgeous up close and it was barely in my range of money thankfully.

Lightweight considering what it was made of and the adornments, sitting down I grabbed the pick he handed me, ignoring the sound of chains and leather ringing behind me I played a quick two second riff, letting out a laugh before going in with a heavy metal solo. "She's hella gnarly Johnny, pack her up for me will ya." We fist bumped and he walked into the back with the guitar to pack her up after I paid, "I'm visiting my mom up the mountain tomorrow so I can drop her off for you."

I said goodbye and thanked him, accepting his offer which would save me from actually having to bring the car down tomorrow. My thoughts stopped in their tracks cause as soon he went into the back someone threw their arm over my shoulder sending a tingling shock down my spine, instantly mellowing out my excitement, I didn't realize that I let out a small breathy moan, it was like I was getting a massage on my nervous system.

"If I knew all I had to do is touch you for a noise like that well I-." I squeaked shooting forward covering my mouth as I turned to look at him. It was Marko, he was biting his fingernails while he looked at me, "Marko? What are you doing here," he stepped closer towards me, driving me into the back wall that was kind of hidden from view, "saw you outside..." I tilted my head to the side slightly as I bit my cheek, "and you've come here for what sweets?" I received a smirk from the tan blue eyed boy as he answered me, "Just checking you out." He winked at me before turning slightly looking down at my shoes that had patches sewn into them and whispered to himself before licking his lips and walking away, "Wicked."

"Hey wait," he spoke up as he stopped turning back to me with a raised brow and his hands hanging on the back of his neck, "are you busy?" He looked behind himself for less than a second before turning to me and walking forward. I froze looking up at him as I opened my mouth, "not that I'm aware of, what about you?" I barely said a word as he grabbed my hand, "No," he smirked at me and opened his mouth, "good, follow me then."

I blacked out seemingly, a flash of lights as we walked, the boards under my shoes making the familiar creaking, thump noises. I don't know how it happened but we ended up between two small shops playing go fish, "Ha, go fish I win."