Page 28

I was asleep, in and out of consciousness when I thought I heard talking and a roar that came from deeper in the cave but I passed out from such an intense pain that felt like I was hemorrhaging in an instant becoming completely unconscious. I woke up in my little crevice, my hand had started hurting, I hissed sitting up slightlywhile looking at it, my hand it had turned an inky black slowly crawling up and over my wrist ending at the middle of my forearm in a painful sear with a shock of pain in the center of my chest, I let out what seemed like an earth shattering scream, It was physical and emotional torture, I didn't understand what was happening but I was in so much pain as the light that filtered in gave me a slightly better look at my hand. Crying out as my ears started ringing, lifting my hands to hold them I felt a gooey substance. Pulling them to sit in front of me I saw an upsetting sight. It was a mixture of blood and something else, a clearish liquid. It was dark outside, the sunlight no longer shining through the open areas that had been missed but light from the moon shone through making the cave glow. In a matter of minutes David and Paul had come rushing into my little makeshift room.

I had fallen back on the large mattress exhausted right before they came in, I couldn't speak and my breathing was ragged and very shallow. I was dying. I was sure of it as the boys watched my head fall to the side, their faces were morphed and their teeth sharp. The last thing I heard was a roar, my ears going into a mindless ring. I saw the boy's faces shift to surprise and slight relief before Marko and Dwayne appeared next to them as my eyes struggled to stay open, Marko was ragged and injured looking as he clutched his chest, his morphed face in pain. The last thing I saw as my eyes closed for what I knew was the last time was my boys.

When I woke up again I was confused, majorly confused. I thought I had died somehow but when my eyes opened I heard roars and felt a pair of arms around my body, shifting I saw his face wet with tears, he was dirty and coated in the same gooey mixture I was, "Marco? Baby what's wrong?" His eyes shot open as the entire cave became quiet, his bright blue eyes staring down at me happy or confused, I wasn't sure he was flickering between so many emotions I couldn't understand. "Babe?" In an instant the little room was crowded with the four boy's their faces human again, Marco wouldn't let me go. 

"What's going on? What happened?" I was convinced that I had a bad dream but looking at Marko made me think otherwise, "Your brothers and those frog boys killed Marco," I looked at him and then back at David confused, "We don't know why he's still here, alive, but that kid with the bandanna staked him," I shot my head over to the side looking at Marko as he held onto me, I wanted to fret over him and make sure he was all healed but he wouldn't budge and I could barely feel my arms, "So none of...none of you are hurt?" I was slowly becoming relieved but I was still trying to understand a few things, "We think your bond saved him, it's the only reason we have for your hand, when you passed out we thought you died but you were still breathing, we'll talk to Max about this though, see if he knows."

I looked down at my hand as Paul was explaining things, David was quiet watching me and Dwayne was antsy looking at my hand. "We just couldn't tell or hear your breathing or your heart beat until Marco grabbed you." I was processing everything, upset and angry at what happened but I remembered something that made my world slow down even farther, "Laddie? Is Laddie?" I had grown attached to the little boy and didn't know what to think as he wasn't here with us, I wouldn't be able to control myself if he was dead. "They took Star and Laddie, he was screaming when they grabbed him as far as we could hear but we had to wait till night to see if they got you too." I was appalled, the information they were sharing upset me, my own brothers, Edgar even Alan, I was angry and getting angrier by the minute, "We'll get him back sweetheart I promise," Dwayne was trying to calm me down but it barely helped, I had a headache, my hand was sore and my ears were ringing.

But most of all I was pissed, my eyes filled with tears, my head wasn't in a very happy place at all, at this rate even if it was Sammy I don't know if I could control myself. I was going to kill someone if Laddie was hurt when I saw him next.

-----

It's a bit cringe but that's okay just ignore  it