Page 36 Second book

he looks so done with everything in this scene lol.  This is the second part of the book, you technically don't have to read it and just leave the ending how it is, but this parts a bit more extra in a lot of senses.

.

.

I turned my face away towards the moonlit waters and took a deep breath before moving to stand, wiping my hands on my ass to dust off the sand that stuck to my skin. I took the initiative and moved forward as the boys watched, "what do you want?" I felt as if I was being too mean at first word, but it changed pretty fast, "are you staying?" Admittedly my next action was a rush but his tone set me off, it sounded like I wasn't welcome in my own home... I smacked him, hard. The palm of my hand met his cheek and my mouth opened, "asshole."

I turned away as he stood stunned and next thing I know I feel utterly relieved, bending at the waist my hands on my knees for a second, "that felt nice..." I stood up and glanced at the three other boys only now realizing that Paul actually had a ponytail and hadn't cut his hair yet, Marko had been the only one to do so. Turning back to David I took a look at him and he had his hand on his face clearly annoyed with my action, "can we talk about this like adults?" I tilted my head up at him, "No." Turning on my heel I walked off towards the pier, stopping for a second I spoke, "I'll admit it was actually nice seeing you boys again."

I kept on after that only hearing some sand rustle before Marko saddled up beside me, "Rune?" I gave a hum, questioning, "did you keep the patch?" I turned my face towards him, taking a second before nodding and facing forward, "yeah, I did," He was biting his thumbnail and the glance I took to watch only made me remember when I first met him, "why?" I blinked, "What?" He coughed before restating his question in a different manner as we coasted towards the stairs in the sand, "Why'd you keep the patch?" I looked at him as we came up to the surf shack, "It was from you... I couldn't stomach it. Around the time when Laddie started homeschooling I wanted to, a lot, but it made me sick to even think about it."

"Good," I raised my brows, "I mean it's good you didn't, it was the first thing I ever got you." I nodded, smiling, "yeah, it's always been my favorite," I was grateful it wasn't in any way an awkward silence, "so what's new in Santa Carla?"

He scratched the back of his head as Paul hopped up next to us skipping to walk backwards in front of me, Dwayne appearing also, hanging onto Marko and I, "besides all the kids turning into adults and all the adults turning into old people? Not much," I smiled up at Paul, "oh really? What about that ponytail?" He chuckled, "looks good don't it?" I made a face and shook my head, "not at all," he frowned and I glanced back behind us not seeing David, "I wasn't too harsh was I?" Dwayne sucked on his teeth and tsked, "not harsh enough," he pulled off of us and stood on my other side, "it's his fault you've been gone for so long, over ten fucking years..."

I smiled sadly, feeling guilty for leaving them without even saying goodbye, "sorry..." Marko wrapped his arm around me and tugged me into his side with a hug, "you're back, fuck everything else."