Page 34

I didn't anticipate anyone would hop off their bikes or start to move in my direction, so I was surprised when Marko and Dwayne had hopped off their bikes and made a few steps toward us. Maybe they were angry that I was here, instead of risking any feelings bubbling up or a fight because of me I switched to a quick plan to get out of the situation, "I'll see you two before sunrise okay, stay safe, love you." I walked quickly going back down the stairs after I said my goodbyes to hopefully get far enough away so I could fly back to pop's. My feet padding across the sand kicking some up as I heard the sound of bikes starting up, "Is mom okay?"I felt awful leaving my little family behind but I was terrified of the consequences of me turning up, "It's my dad's." 

I should've stayed away, if I leave again I can't take Laddie or Marcie with me either, I could tell they wanted to stay but I knew he would follow me anywhere. My thoughts were starting to burn with negativity.

The sound of bikes were ringing behind me like they were closing in so I did the only thing I could think of, I popped into the surf shack hopefully unnoticed. I wasn't crying but I was freaking out even my breathing was ragged, I was hyperventilating as a fucking vampire. Shaking my head I heard the bikes outside the shack making me freak out even more, I was on the verge of pretending to be a mannequin. Calming down I decided I really needed to ride some waves before I killed some random guy on the pier tonight. The only problem was I couldn't leave without them seeing me. I froze, the hair on the back of my neck standing up as my fangs came out from my fight instead of flight instinct, someone slammed the door open behind me.

"Rune?" I couldn't turn around, it was painful hearing him speak to me after so long, "You came back," I sucked in a sharp breath as I felt his arms wrap around me from behind, "Let go, Marko," I whispered almost breaking out in tears as his arms tightened against me, "No I need to hold you."

"Marco please. Let go of me, please." I couldn't hold in my tears as I struggled against him halfheartedly, "Go find Donna and leave me alone..." I felt him let go, his chest wasn't pressed against my back anymore and I couldn't hear him at all, the only reason I knew he hadn't left was no motors had turned on signaling the bikes hadn't moved. "What are you talking about, David killed her a few months after you left, she's not even alive." My heart almost beat again at those words, I was so confused, "You left because of her."

 I knew it wasn't a question, he realized why I wasn't around anymore, why I left all that time ago, "I wasn't happy anymore, I didn't fit in with her around." He scoffed, pulling me to face him, "You were mine first and that chick meant nothing to me babe, David was convinced that she was our real mate, and when you left it got worse until one day we couldn't feel your bonds anymore and he snapped. He wasn't in a good place babe." 

I felt bad at what he was saying, "I'm sorry Marco, I was only visiting with the kids you won't have to worry about me okay." I passed by him leaving him confused and speechless as I pushed open the door to see Dwyane standing in the sand looking down, "Dwyane..." My voice caught in my throat after I whispered his name, "You're not leaving us again Rune."