Page 56

"Hey pops," The older man turned my way and smiled, "hey there kiddo, come sit with me," I sluggishly made my way over before plopping down on the couch. He rated his arm around my shoulders and I slumped into his side, "I'm so tired," he gave me a pat and stayed quiet as he sipped on his root beer. "Those boys giving you trouble?" I blinked slowly, taking a deep, soft inhale, "yes and no," he gave me another pat, "that's why the single life, is the best life," I gave a hum closing my eyes, "pop's, you're in a relationship," he grunted, "never did like people in the house," I nodded not even commenting on what he was saying, "neither do I."

---

I walked outside for a few minutes, throwing something in the trash can before turning and walking over to one of the benches to enjoy the stars for the rest of the night.

"Who was he?" I raised my brow as David walked up, "who was who?" He looked upset, "who was that fucking guy on the beach?" The surprise of him even talking to me at my home after everything happened wore off and I scoffed, "you followed me?" I shook my head standing from the bench and started to walk away from him, "fucking ridiculous, leave David." He grabbed my arm though, stopping me, "David, let go." I spoke calmly, "who was he?" I whirled, pulling my arm out of his grip forcefully, "I don't know I wasn't listening to him when he told me his name, maybe you heard it since you were apparently there." He dropped the calmness in his tone, "who was he Rune?"

"I, don't, know, David. He followed me there just like you did, so you tell me," I wanted to snarl at him as he looked at me but he looked ashamed, maybe even sad, "why do you even care David?" He looked me in the eye, "because I love you, isn't that enough?" I scoffed, "love what? It's not me, you made that clear distinction years ago David. If you've got nothing else to say you can leave." I waited and when there was no movement or words coming from him I turned ready to leave again, "I'm sorry Rune." I stopped, "I forgive you," he perked up as I sighed, turning around, "really?" I scoffed at his tone, "no you dumb ass, you literally replaced me like you ordered the wrong thing at a restaurant David. How could I forgive you?!" I smacked my hands together to get my point across, "I have standards and principles David." I sighed, calming myself, "I'm sorry about how I left, but you guys were fine without me, and you're fine now, so don't apologize to me when you don't mean anything you're saying, you did what was best for you just like I did for me. So now I am asking you politely to please just go home David, please."