Page 29

It was too late to go get Laddie. The boys had to retreat to their old elevator shaft as morning came quickly. They had waited a while for me to wake up, not leaving besides getting a quick meal for their strength. I was terrified at the outcome of what would happen to my boys and Laddie now. If I died there was no telling if they would be affected and if they all died or even one of them, I would be affected. On top of all the surrounding chaos I was extremely tired, it was like I had given Marko a part of my life force, my hand stayed the inky black as well leaving me to believe it would stay that way from now on. I don't know why it happened this way but I would go through it again if it was for one of the boys even though it sucks donkey balls.

A few days had passed when I had finally gained my strength back, it was daytime when I left the cave, I was going to get Laddie and that was that. The boys had brought my bike to the cave secretly without alarming the child kidnappers. So here I was on my way with my bike kicking up dust as I flew through the dirt paths and roads till I got to the house. I saw the curtains in the front window move quickly as I walked up the stairs to stand in front of the door.

Opening the door I was sprayed in the face with what tasted like garlic water? "What the fuck? Did you just fucking spray water in my face, garlic water!?" They were speechless as they stared at me, their faces surprised before Alan's broke out in a relieved smile. "Move now. Fucking ridiculous!" I was already pissed at them and now they spray me in the face with a nasty ass homemade cocktail, I am so sick and tired of everyone, "Rune?! Are you one of them, stay away!" I scoffed at the mere idea of my little brother even trying to hurt me, his hands holding a wooden stick chiseled down to a point and a leaking squirt gun, "Where is Laddie Sammy?" He was confused as he lowered the squirt gun in his hand, "You, you're here for the kid?" The look I gave him was pure annoyance with some anger muddled into it, at this point I was pretty sure my eye was starting to twitch if not out of annoyance but from the anger that was boiling under my skin.

"Yea I am, and I want him back, now Sammy, where is he?" He was completely baffled at that, "You can't have him, he's not yours, can't you see we want to be human, you should be human too Rune, we just have to kill David!" I whirled my head to face the stairs where Laddie was trying to escape from Star's arms, "He is mine Star simple as that, be human all you want with Michael I don't give a rat's ass but Laddie comes with me." My eyes were simply locked onto Laddie, the small boy on the verge of tears from the grip of the teenager holding him to her.