Page 52

"Hey, hi uncle Sam," I turned after we pulled away from the hug, "hey Laddie, Marcie, lovely to meet you," she smiled brightly doing a dramatic bow as I smiled at the sight of them, I watched as the shook hands for a second as Laddie turned his attention towards me, "hey so have you seen dad?" I bit the inside of my cheek giving my little brother a glance out of the side of my eye, "he's around here somewhere, they all are," he frowned slightly before nodding and becoming more upbeat, "I just wanted to see if they wanted to hang out," I made an 'ahh' sound, "well they can't be that difficult to find just look for their bikes," he nodded and gave me a hug before Marcie did the same, reaching forward with that plastered pretty smile of hers before they wandered off swinging their entwined hands together, "they're kind of cute together in that weird couple way..."

I nodded, "yeah they really are, he's happier, it's nice to see him so happy. He was so different after we left I almost wished I made him stay here," Sam stopped me, "it wouldn't have happened anyway, he wanted to go with you, it's not like you forced him." I nodded licking my lips with a sigh, "although it's kind of weird how he wants to be around everyone but you, I mean he was like glued to you, literally." I knew he wasn't thinking when he spoke but it still really hurt to hear that I wasn't just imagining the distance between him and I.

I stood there staring off as I thought to myself, things taking a dark turn in my head, a bit possessive... "I know what I have to do Sammy," his eyes looked at me before his head turned, his voice sounded concerned, almost scared as he looked at my face, "oh yeah? What's that?" I raised my hand like in those comic books we read when we were younger and stared straight ahead, "I have to destroy them, all of them..." He blinked a few times before reaching over and placing his own hand over mine, slowly lowering it down before patting it, "maybe it's time you move on?" I deflated, "even my kids don't want to be around me..." he gave my hand a pat again before hugging me side to side and rubbing my arm, "stop trying to make yourself feel bad, you know that's not right anyway." I sighed, "I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" He paused before rubbing my arm again, "probably..."