Page 59

"You turned him? David?" He looked pissed, "yeah, he did."

....

"Hold on a minute, so David turned you?" The shaggy haired surfer nodded and I turned to David for a second, "So, you have a vampire kid ," I sat there, stiffly nodding to myself as I pat my lap in a rhythm, "so do you," I shot him a look, if he didn't shut it I was going to pop him in the face with a rock, "so," I turned back to the guy, "Shane how long have you been, you know a uh," my sentence trailed off as they stared at each other, hissing like vile mange-ridden cats. I had a second thought that if they were cats, they'd be impossibly cute cats but also most likely not worth keeping cats. "95','' I took a deep inhale, nodding, "okay, wow, so how old were you then?"

"Twenty," I started calculating in my head for some reason, every year with every age. '87-17, 89-19, 92-23, 94-25, I was twenty-six in 95'. "How old are you?" I looked off to the side, slightly breaking from my mind, "87', wait no sorry, I turned in 87' not I am eighty-seven," his face relaxed a bit from the look of petrified greatness, "wait so how old were you when he turned you?" I coughed slightly, "I was 17, but uh..." David scoffed, "it wasn't my blood," I rolled my eyes at his tone, my arms crossing at my chest as I also crossed my legs, "get over it, you only wanted to do it so we could play strip poker with every sip you fucking pervert." He stood, "it was a good game, Rune, why can't you let it go?!" I narrowed my eyes at him, fangs protruding in a snarl, "you tried to fucking brand me, you were being a lunatic, David!" 

Shane sat and watched us bicker with a raised brow, "so, if he didn't give you his blood, whose blood was it?" My body lit up with a warm sense of embarrassment, "yeah, whose was it Rune?" I rolled my eyes again and in the back of my mind I thought of what would happen if my eyes were to roll and get stuck in the back of my head, maybe he would stop the hissy fit, ridiculous, "you really wanna know?" He looked at me blankly and I shrugged fully nonchalantly about it, "Marko."

"You're fucking kidding, that pussy," I gaped at him, "David!?" I scoffed, turning my face away from him in rebellion to his words, "it was either him or Dwayne," He was not happy in the slightest, "Wait, so you have a kid in the eighties? That would make you underage..." I looked over at him confused for a second, "he's adopted," He nodded deeply, "is he one of us?" I nodded, "so, if you aren't together, where's this Marko guy?" I missed his hand movement somehow when he gestured to David and I, "I don't really know, he could be anywhere right now." It was an honest answer, I truly had no idea but I didn't really see the meaning behind the words. "So , you're single then." I blinked confused before my face fell, "why did that have to be a question..." As I spoke David took those words as his literal last half of a straw and lunged forward, I sighed and watched as they rolled on the ground, full face morphs and fangs out. "Really guys?"