Page 30

She was speechless as Michael came into the room, "We're killing David Rune, I won't be a monster like you." I let out a scoff laughing at them, "I'm not a vampire, god! You two are some idiots that's for sure, even if you kill David or the others you'll still be halfway like them, neither of you drank David's blood or Paul's, Marko's not even Dwayne's blood, none of them are the head vampire you bimbos!" Laddie had broken free when Star let go of him as she looked at Michael, Sammy's face twisted in thought as he looked around, "So you know who it is? We can still save them, come on Rune, you know this is wrong." Laddie had made it to me jumping in my arms with tears cascading his face, "All I know is he owns a shop on the boardwalk Sammy." I was just tired now, the anger leaving me instead replaced with exhaustion, "I'll be back in a few days okay just keep Pop's out of all this okay... He doesn't need the stress."

"Wait, you're still going back to them, they're monsters Rune! Why?!" I looked at Michael with a glare, "Because at least I won't have to worry about getting attacked by my own brother when I'm with them and I know they won't abandon me either. Just leave us alone," I turned my head to Sam, "I thought about it as well but the only person I can think of being the head vampire is Mom's boss, it'd make the most sense at least, get the kids first and she'd follow along like a puppy, but seeing as someone already invited him into this house you need to test him outside somewhere else." The frog brothers had come to stand with Sam, "We already checked him, when we had spaghetti." I kept Star in the corner of my eye as well as Michael just in case as I answered, "He's been invited in Sam, nothing will work if he's been invited in, figure it out Sammy you're smart enough." 

I turned walking to the door with Laddie in my arms. "Wait Rune, can we talk?" I looked back at Alan pursing my lips as I gave him a nod walking out of the house with him following me, "Laddie baby go stand next to my bike okay?" He nodded walking off as he glanced back at me with a reluctant look in his eyes. "Vampires? Really Rune?" I huffed, I couldn't believe it, "At least I'm not a distraction to them Alan, it's not like you'd understand anyway," he grabbed my arm when I tried to walk away from him, "I'm sorry okay? But come on, I, I could give you more than they could, an actual life where you won't have to kill anyone, hell I could actually give you kids, can they?!" I blinked in surprise at what he was saying, "Did you know I was in the cave with them when you killed Marko? I almost died Alan, literally, look at my hand I look like I got a giant tattoo because of that shit." He was in shock when he saw my hand very clearly confused at what happened, "They, they did this to you?" He had grabbed the appendage in question and looked at it with delicate scrutiny.

"No, I'm bonded to them Alan, if they die I die, it's complicated. I was in so much pain that I passed out. They thought I was dead, I thought I was dead." He looked guilty as he grabbed my hand, "I love you Alan I really do but, I feel the same way when it comes to them and I don't want to see you or any of them hurt so please just leave them alone, leave us alone." He honestly looked how I felt, like he was going to cry, my heart hurt telling him to leave me alone but it was better this way at least in my head, "Come on you can't seriously wanna go through with this? Please, I'm sorry." I was on the verge of crying but I couldn't, I wouldn't cry in front of him, "It would be different if," He interrupted me leaving me completely surprised, "I'll come with you then," I stuttered a bit trying to think properly, "What? what are you saying Alan, what about your brother and the shop you can't do that, you know you can't."

"Edgar is Edgar but you're you Rune, he'll be fine on his own but I can't lose you, you've always stuck by my side." I was inherently shocked, frozen as I switched between looking him in the eye and roaming his face, "I'm gonna stick by yours now." I sighed nodding slightly, "Think about it okay, I know you and I won't have you hating me for your own choice in the matter." I was done with the awkward conversation and I just wanted to go back to the cave and cuddle up with Laddie, I wouldn't be letting him go for a while.