Page 51

"I probably should have asked if Alan had a phone..." Dwayne rolled his eyes, "didn't his brother shove a stake in my chest?" I cringed at Marko's words, "they kidnapped Laddie too," I sighed, closing my mouth as they bickered behind me. I blinked a few times catching sight of David and Paul standing next to each other up ahead. My eyes darted over to the side and I watched as a few kids ran in between some adults. I walked past the mirror maze attraction before passing Paul and David and skirting off into a different direction, maybe accidentally losing Dwayne and Marko. I bumped into someone almost knocking myself on my ass as a pair of hands grabbed me, "holy shit, hey Rune."

My eyes widened and I smiled as I was pulled into a tight hug, "Sammy, hi, what are you doing here?" I pulled back as he ran a hand through his hair, "I live here, I mean not on the boardwalk but in the city, Alan said he saw you last night," I nodded watching his hand motions as he talked, "yeah we literally bumped into each other," he nodded and asked me a question, "he said you were with the others, are planning on staying?" I licked my lips and my eyes darted off to the side as I thought for a second, "I don't know, I want to," I shot my eyes to him and spoke with honesty, "but it's a bit messy," His brows furrowed and I wish I said it differently, "did they do somethin to you?" I shook my head, "no, no, I mean yeah, but that was David. I just am finding it," his mouth opened, "hard?"

"Among other things," he looked behind me for a second and I glanced back, "do you want to talk about it?" I looked back at him, meeting his eyes I shook my head, "no, I just, I think I just need to stay away from them until Laddie and Marcie head off for Canada," he made a face and I bit my lip as we moved to sit down on a bench, "so it's official?" I nodded, "yeah I got the message once I got here, they decided last night so, yeah..." I felt his hand on my shoulder, patting me, "are you gonna be okay?" I groaned loudly, "yeah, I'll be fine, I guess I'm just worried if something happens or maybe they lose their phones and can't get home or something," I leaned my elbows on my knees and rubbed my face, "you don't have to pat my back Sammy." He pulled back, "sorry... So why not stay?" I shook my head with a huff, sitting back up, "I don't know if I can, I miss being home, so much but being back is weird, at first it was absolutely nerve wracking and then it was okay. But going back with the guys and not my kids ended in a nightmare basically." He raised his brow but let me finish, "Dwayne and Marko were perfect, "I leaned back against the bench, "but?" I answered, "I killed David's girlfriend."

His reaction was total shock as he sat back nodding to himself, "he hit me," his face turned so quick, "I tried to leave but Paul stopped me and we ended up talking, he asked why I never came back and I told him about that one night," He nodded along, "the night where you saw those blondes?" I nodded, "what'd he say?" I shook my head with a shrug, an annoyed smirk on my face, "he didn't say anything, nothing at all, when I left he still didn't say anything, just shut the door." He rubbed his face, "shit Rune, that's so fucked, so he what? Got mad that you saw them moving on right after you left?" I shrugged, "I have no idea, but honestly, I'm, I'm tired Sammy."

"What about Dwayne and Marko?" I groaned, "I don't fucking know, I can't stay and I can't let them come with me if I leave," he looked down, kicking the ground, "why not?" I looked over at him, and sighed being honest with how I saw the situation, "they're family, as close as they can get to having a family, I already took Laddie away. I can't just separate them because I want to be selfish." I mean I could but that wouldn't be something I could do guilt free, "It's so different and I caused this like, this rift between them already..." I stood up and began wringing my hands. "This is too fucking difficult Samuel, I don't know what to do, where would I even move? I can't do Florida Sammy," He groaned with me, "Florida sucked," I nodded dramatically, "yeah, I know, and we will never forget what happened there." I shuddered as he squirmed in the bench, "ohh, what about England?" I shrugged, "I guess an overnight flight would work, it's risky but doable..." He nodded, "you could always just go somewhere with Alan," I paused looking at him, "yeah, if he wanted to. Can't stay here with him anyway, I'm pretty sure the guys secretly don't like him."

"He's at the old spot where the comic book store used to be." I nodded looking around really quick before deflating again, "Hey Sammy?" He looked at me as he stood up, "Do you think I should have chosen Alan, when we were still human?"

"I'm not sure, things could have been different with Alan, but I think you chose right for you."

I nodded, "thanks for keeping up with me all these years," he smiled down at me and gave me a hug, "anything for my little sister," I snorted, "this is the only time you can say that."