Chapter 49

Time has seemed to fly by

Time has seemed to fly by. Claire is now thirty weeks pregnant, and coming close to the end of her pregnancy. I am so excited for everything.

Claire has been a little grumpy because all the scans she has had the little one has been stubborn. So, we have not been able to find out the gender.

I am on my way to get a quick shower in before we go back to see Doc. He is doing another scan and I am hoping we find out the gender.

Claire does have items for the baby, they are just gender neutral with us not knowing.

I won't lie either and say I have not been over bearing since she really started to show middle of the second trimester. That I have been a hundred percent.

There is many times Claire has let a growl slip when she gets fustrated at me constantly helping her or simply doing things for her. Although, I try not to laugh my hardest if she drops something because I will be quick to get it. In my defense, she has so much troubles with balance or bending down to get things herself.

I would love to be able to tell Layla the gender of the baby to where she can plan a special baby shower for Claire. That is something else I have been in the works with Layla, Melissa, and Hailey on.

Running up the steps, I take them two at a time. Making a dash into the bathroom, I take the fastest shower of my life.

I know Claire is outside already, having seen her trimming her plants that got placed in the garden out front. Rushing down the stairs to get Claire as fast as I can.

I stop in my tracks when I see several of the children from the pack playing out front, while Claire watches them smiling and working on a bush.

I would do anything to keep her smiling. It is the best thing, other than her laughter.

Going over to her, I wrap my arms around her waist rubbing her bump. "Ready to go see our little one, baby?" I ask her.

"More than ever." Claire smiles.

"Let me know how it goes!" Melissa smiles, holding Abigail.

It has been amazing to see how much she has grown in five months. She is already growing into her own personality, but looks so much like Melissa.

"We will." Claire giggles, moving to grab my hand from her bump.

We walk along the little stone pathway to the medical side. Making our way in the door the pack doctor is already standing there waiting for us.

"Good afternoon Alpha and Luna." He bows.

"Hello." Claire's voice comes out a little squeaky.

I give him a small bow of my head.

I love to be able to see little one and was happy about this until we got in the medical wing. There is still the images that blur into my head from both times being in here when we first got Claire back from Saul's and then the last battle we went through.

Kick out the bad. We got to see the pup. Niko chides.

I follow in behind Claire as she walks behind the doctor, until we reach a room.

"So with you wearing a skirt Luna, just lay on the bed and raise your shirt. Tucking it under your breast area." The doctor speaks formally to Claire.

I help Claire up the one step to get on the bed, and for once no growling instead she gave me a small thanks. I will take this as a win!

The doctor puts some of the gel stuff on her stomach before grabbing the equipment he uses. Then before I know it our little one is on the screen. It looks more like a baby now instead of an alien like the last scan she got awhile back.

I am in awe over the little one as I can clearly make out the face. Seems like the baby is looking right us, and my heart can't get any fuller with how it feels right now.

The doctor presses buttons and does the checks he needs to do, before the sound of the little ones heart beat fills the room. It is strong and fast with the thumping coming from the machine.

I steal a glance at Claire to see she is smiling so big with a teary eye look. I give her a quick kiss, causing her to smile at me.

"These hormones are something else." Claire laughs, slightly.

"That is all completely normal, Luna." The doctor grabs her a tissue before going back to do the scan.

"Do you both still wish to know the gender even though you have ten weeks left?" The doctor asks.

"Yes!" We both say at the same time.

The doctor laughs, before composing himself once again.

"Well the baby is letting us have a look. If you look right here." He points to the screen.

"It shows your baby is a girl." The doctor states.

"Yay! Yes! We are having a little girl!" Claire starts crying.

"That we are, baby. I hope she looks just like you." I kiss her tenderly, making sure to pour all my love into the kiss.

The doctor tells us he has all the scans and needs to start seeing Claire a little more often with where she is at in the pregnancy.

Claire gets wiped off and I help her sit back up. Once she is off the bed, we make our way out of the medical wing.

No sooner than we are outside everyone close to us is standing there. Claire gives a look like she is upset and I follow suit.

"Oh no! Still no knowing?" Layla comes over to Claire and wraps her arms around her.

"It's a girl!" Claire shouts.

They look at us with wide eyes, before it hits them that we were playing them. Nathan comes over and claps his hand on my shoulder.

"That is wonderful man!" Nathan smiles.

"Splendid news." Alastair smiles.

The ladies are in a group hug together. They are laughing and smiling over the happy news.

Now you ladies can start planning the shower. I link Layla, Melissa, and Hailey while Claire is hugging Nathan.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

They officially know the baby's gender!

They are being a little sneaky planning out a baby shower for Claire.

The happiness continues!

Thank you for all the comments and votes as they make my day!