Chapter 36

I reacted badly

I reacted badly. I just can't believe Azure actually done it to us.

A baby. I am over the moon and happy now, but it was beyond scared at first thinking that I hurt the baby.

Thankfully, the ultrasound went smoothly. Once I seen the baby with my own eyes the happiness set in and the worries went out the door. We are right at the ten week mark, so close to being out of the first trimester. At least we was not very far along for anything to harm the baby.

We are walking around outside currently. I can tell Tyler's leg is bothering him, but he won't admit it. He wants to see how much damage there actually is after the fight.

I want to tell everyone close to us the news now, but we first need to get everything wrote down for what has to be fixed. There is not many out here moving around with us, because we sent everyone that was fighting to rest.

My mind is trying to process in a way everything that has happened in not even a full day. Is this literally all over and behind us now?

It is exciting to look forward to the future and now knowing there is a little one coming soon is just mind blowing.

Looking at the pack house from a short distance, you can see a couple of windows that are shattered and the roof will be needing repair.

"It is not as bad as I thought it would be." Tyler speaks up.

"Not really considering the wind speeds last night felt so much harder than the damage is showing to be. Although, all the lovely plants outside are history. So it looks like I will be getting some gardening in." I nod.

"I don't want you doing much of anything. We have precious cargo now." He turns to me smiling, holding my hips.

"Yeah, no. I am not going to be treated fragile. Besides, some light exercise is healthy for me and baby, if you was listening to Doc. He never once said I couldn't garden, just no training. Everything else is perfectly fine to do." I smile back at him.

"Now let's get you to bed and rest." I point at him.

Tyler gives me a pouty face, but follows as I remove his hands and start walking to the house.

"We need to come up with something for the families that lost." My mind wonders out loud.

"Acutally, Nathan and I may have came up with that. Everyone here loves a bonfire so much. It gives time for everyone to just gather together. We have some of those special salts that will turn the fire different colors, so we can do some of the mournful colors." Tyler informs me.

"I like that idea. Plus a funeral makes it hard sometimes for grieving by prolonging everything out. Everyone just says they are so sorry, but sorry can't bring the loved ones back." I muse.

"We will get it all planned out." Tyler barely gets out.

He is having troubles with the steps. I watch as he takes them one at a time and very slow.

"That sucks." He laughs once we get up the last step.

"I am going to go shower." I turn to tell him once I close our door.

"Sounds good. I'm just going to lay down, but wake me up if I go to sleep by time you get out." Tyler yawns, laying down.

Moving over to the closet, I grab some comfy clothes and beeline for the bathroom. I just need a shower after everything.

The water heats up quickly, and I step in under it. There is nothing better then washing away some of the past. May even be better than sex?

You wish. Azure chuckles.

Okay, she has me but still the feeling of being under the warm water nothing beats it. I wash down taking my time and just enjoying some of the quietness after the crazy.

Getting out of the warm water leaves me missing it right away. I am quick to dry off and dress. I always seem to get the cold end of the deal when getting out of showers. Oh well, doesn't matter I guess. I look at my reflection in the mirror and give a hard look to my hair.

Leave it to air dry or do it up? Why not, let's take the time too actually make it look nice. I plug in the dryer and get to it.

Once done, I walk out to the room and see Tyler is still fast asleep. He was past tired to not even wake up with the blow dryer. I am contemplating though, do I lay down and sleep or go to the office and get to work on making a list of things needed to be done?

I give one more look at Tyler, and decide to make my way to the office. Stepping out the door, I can tell all the other floors are quiet from everyone resting. That is exactly what everyone deserves for their hard work.

Walking into the office, I decide to leave the door open and sit at the desk. Pulling out some paper, I grab the closest pen and start to make a list of everything going needed done. With that list made, I start to color highlight the order everything needs to be done in from most important to least important.

A knock draws my attention to the doorway, where Melissa is standing. I can't believe in just barely a month she will have her little girl here.

"I was going to work on the treasury part. I couldn't sleep." She walks over.

"Sounds good. I am just making a list of everything that needs to be done." I let her know what I am up too.

"Anything I can help with?" She asks.

"Well, at some point soon I know we will be having another bonfire for many reasons. It will be for everyone to be able to come together and relax. Then it is to mourn the lost loved ones. There is one other thing Tyler and I will be announcing then too, I believe." I smile big.

"Do I get a sneak peak at what it is going to be?" Her smile matches mine.

"I just think that your little girl will need a cousin to play with in the near future." I whisper.

"Your pregnant! That is amazing news, Claire. Wow, you guys are going to have your own little one. I am so happy for you guys. We are going to have an heir for the pack." Melissa wiggles in her seat.

A/N----
Hey Hey Guys!!!

They are slowly making their way to a peaceful living again.

Everyone is getting some much needed rest after everything.

Claire has told Melissa, which is so sweet.

Now to just see everything in their life settle and unfold into the new generation that has already started.

Thank you for all the comments and votes as they make my day!