Chapter 38

Claire was up and out of bed bright and early this morning helping make the food

Claire was up and out of bed bright and early this morning helping make the food. I have officially been banned from the kitchen, this morning.

Everyone prefers to be capable of eating said food. Niko snickers.

Maybe I should have spent more time evenly as a kid, but the Alpha training took up so much of my time. That is one thing I honestly can't wait for! I am so happy that we are having a baby. Claire and I will be able to train the next heir, but I don't want to be so harsh on them. The baby should get to make the choice whether he or she wants to be Alpha.

If the child chooses not too, then we will cross that bridge when we get to it. Thankfully, that is many years from now.

Right now, I am curious and so excited for the day to come when we find out what the baby is.

"Hey, daydreaming Alpha over there!" Nathan waves motioning me over to the pile of wood.

"I can't help it." I laugh.

"Everything out here is set up, I believe." Nathan looks around.

We have went above and beyond the normal bonfire for tonight. There is lights placed in the trees, all picnic tables have a cloth over them in a deep blue, center pieces with white roses in them to mourn the ones lost from the last year.

Nathan and I have taken it upon ourselves to do the decorating. We both feel like this is not something to have warriors or the others do. It just needs to be done by us, for me it helps to show how truly I feel for each one. Even if Claire and Layla have bit our heads off for doing to much with still recovering, even though the wound is healed just a tad sore. This is worth it.

"I have brought the salts out already. I got the blue one." Nathan points to the ground close to the pile of wood.

"Thanks. I think blue will be better. To much black would be even more depressing." I think over our color options.

"I can agree there, yes." Alastair walks up.

"You both out did yourselves." He looks around.

"Just trying to make this one of the largest we have ever had." I reply.

"This will be considering both Alpha Greg and Alpha Cole are coming over with many of the warriors that fought in the battles as well." Nathan nods.

"Are Claire and you announcing the news tonight then?" Alastair asks.

"We would like to just so the pack knows, but at the same time I don't want to take from the grieving either." I tilt my head back and forth.

"Claire really wants to do it tonight with everyone being gathered." Nathan adds in.

"I'm just nervous the pack could take it as an 'Oh I'm sorry you're grieving but look we are pregnant' type of way too." I quote part of the words.

"Honestly, it would be good to do tonight. It may actually help the grieving to not be as bad, because even though members were lost and will forever be felt. This good news will help lift spirits, yes." Alastair wisely states.

"Must you always seem so wise?" I ask, smirking.

"That is because he is an old man." Nathan laughs.

Ouch.

"Yes. Besides being old means nothing if you can't gain some wisdom." Alastair loses all seriousness and starts laughing.

"What are you three laughing over?" Claire's voice floats to my ears.

"Nothing, baby." I wrap my arm around her.

"You sir, was supposed to tell these two the food was done." Claire points to Alastair.

"I was working on it." He laughs.

"Plus we are here." Cole's voice pipes up behind us.

"Good to see you up and moving Tyler." Greg comes over to pat my shoulder.

"I was not letting anything keep me down long." I smirk.

We all move to the house and start bringing the food out to sit on the tables lined up. We make trip after trip, never in my life have I seen a feast like this one.

No sooner then we get the food out, everyone starts to filter out into the field. It brings a smile to my face to see all our members coming together.

So many people have expressed how relieved they truly are that the fights are over. Many are even happy that the numbers lost are not much. The two we recently lost did not have any family left or mates, they had gave their all into being a warrior and never wanted more.

"Thank you all for coming tonight." Claire's voice floats through the air grabbing everyone attention.

I walk up to her and stand next to her, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"I want to thank every single person here. I feel for the ones that could not be here with us tonight, but are looking down on us from the moon." Her voice comes out strong and remorseful.

I watch as everyone takes a few moments of silence in remeberance.

"We thank everyone that stood up and fought with us. Also a thanks goes out to the ones that kept things in control inside during the fight. Everyone worked as a team, as one and without that we would have had many more causalities." I add in my thanks.

"Tonight we are here to to be together to remember the lost and to finally let the happiness out that everything is finally behind us all." Claire adds.

Everyone starts clapping and cheering.

"There is one more thing, before the feast begins." I say loud enough over all the cheering.

Not a single person moves or says a word more.

You literally just scared our members and the others here. Claire scolds me through our link.

"It is all good news. I assure you all. Claire and I are happy to announce that we are expecting." I finish, trying to correct the worry I just caused.

All of a sudden it hits everyone that Claire is pregnant. The congrats and praises about a baby fill the air.

I can say I have never been happier in all my life. Although, I pout a little as many ladies come up and they all sweep Claire off.

"Don't sweat it man. They are all beyond happy and I am happy for you guys too." Greg pats my shoulder.

I watch as Claire is smiling and talking with many of our pack members. There is nothing that beats that smile of hers.

A/N----
Hey Hey Guys!!!

The pack now knows about the baby on the way!

It was beautiful Tyler and Nathan prepping everything for this bonfire personally.

Got to see a little more relaxed version of Cole and Greg.

Now as the pack heals and comes together as one, we will see what their futures hold. Surely it is all uphill from here right?

Lots of love going out! Thank you to everyone who is reading, commenting, and voting as it truly makes my day!