Chapter 34

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is hair

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is hair. I pull my head back some to see Claire is laying next to me, with her head on my shoulder and chest area. I had my nose buried in her hair. 

Of course not far from us sitting in a chair, is Alastair. His head lefts up and looks at me a second after he feels my gaze.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Like new." I whisper.

I work on moving my leg. It is stiff, but I don't feel any pain from it so that is a good sign.

"The doctor is not sure of the poison that was on the blade. He spent many hours cleaning it out." Alastair hands me a bottle of water.

"She wouldn't sit still during that time. Instead she was going around trying to help the wounded and just be there for some others." He motions to Claire.

"How many did we lose in total?" I am almost afraid to even ask. But it is something I need to know.

"Two from our pack and Alpha Cole lost one. It is honestly a miracle for as much fighting and people as there were. Although, you may need to tell Claire none of this is her fault. She started blaming herself earlier. I am not sure if it because of just everything, or the fact you was hurt." Alastair talks.

Claire has always had a big heart. I do need to nip that in the behind, I won't let her blame herself for any of this.

"How was she otherwise since the fight?" I need to know more on how she has been and I know he would know.

"You could tell she was battling exhaustion. Alpha Greg and Alpha Cole followed her around once they brought you here. I do know she has not ate or even drank a thing. It took Melissa really to get her to come into the medical wing and sit down. Layla offered her juice but she never took a drink of it, Doc came out right before she took a drink. She was offered food but denied quickly." He explains fast.

We made mate worry. Niko whimpers.

That we did. Now to just get her some fluids and food in her. After everything that has happened we don't need her sick.

Claire stirs under my touch. I have been combing through her hair for a few minutes now.

"It is time to get up, baby. We need to get some food in you." I whisper in her ear.

She doesn't raise up, but starts mumbling under her breath. I hold in my laugh, and I don't think I want to know what she is even saying under her breath.

Claire sits up next to me. Turning her head to face me, I can see just how tired she is. My heart breaks to see her in this state. I should let her sleep more, but the stronger need to make sure her strength is kept up with food over powers.

I sit up in bed quickly and swing my legs over the side. I stand up before either of them can protest. There is just a little discomfort in my calf, but nothing major.

My girl needs to eat and I am going to personally get her food. Everyone else is busy and I am not going to bother them.

Alastair is quick to move over, with his arms out stretched.

"I am good. Thank you, though." I nod at him.

He moves back and goes around to stand next to Claire.

I start walking out of the room and the doctor is close by. He does a double take when he sees me walking up to him.

"Alpha, it is good to see you up and moving." He bows.

"Thank you for all you done. Am I free to leave?" I ask him.

"If your not hurting to much then yes. I just ask that you don't do any hard training over the next few days. If there is any signs of infection please come back quickly." Doc's answer is all I need to head down the hall.

Claire and Alastair is quick to follow in behind me as we walk through the doors and out where many people are still being tending too. None of the ones in here look to be in to bad of shape, thankfully.

Hailey, Layla, and Melissa spot us and their eyes go wide. Layla is pushing on Nathan's shoulders to keep him in a chair.

"I am going to head over and grab some food for everyone." I let them know.

My members need to eat, that much is clear. We are all still wearing the clothes that I barely remember Layla bringing us. I doubt any of them have ate and they have been going nonstop from the looks of things. I slept even if it was because of medication, now it is time to get the others some food and rest.

Claire gives Nathan a quick kiss on the cheek. Telling him to stay still, that he knew what the doctor told him.

She runs up and catches up to where I am slowly walking into the main part of the house.

I round the kitchen corner and Fiona is quick to work. She takes a glance up and smiles at us.

"Thank the moon!" She claps.

"I figured I would do wraps. They are the fastest thing to feed everyone with." She smiles.

"It sounds great. Thank you." I move over and help her finish the last few on the counter that she was working on.

Claire hands the bags over and we start packing up the wraps for everyone.

We both thank Fiona and head back to where most of the pack members are. This walk is starting to hurt like hell, but it is needed.

We make it back with many bags. One of the ladies brings up a cart and we unload the bags onto. I start going around and handing out wraps to everyone. Greg and Cole come over and join us in handing out the food. The food is passed out quickly with everyone that pitches in.

Walking back inside, seeing our normal group is still here. I give them each a wrap and then hand one to Claire. Keeping one out for myself as well. I sit next to Nathan.

I watch as Claire seems to pick at the paper that holds the wrap instead of eating. Nathan seems to be watching her as well, giving her a weird look.

It is not like Claire to not eat the chicken, something is not quite right here.

A/N-----
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Tyler is awake!

Nothing major happening within this chapter, but thought it would be good to see how Tyler is feeling and doing after his injury.

Anyone taking guesses on what may be up with Claire?

Do you think it is just her blaming herself or something more?

Loved seeing Tyler's softer side show, as he brought out the food for all the warriors and members helping with the recovery efforts.

Thank you for all the comments and votes as they make my day! Lots of Love going out to all my lovely readers!