Chapter 8

Tonight has been a whirlwind of events

Tonight has been a whirlwind of events. Melissa has stayed close to me the rest of the night. She was the first out of the pack members to approach me while I was in wolf form, showing her neck in submission.

Azure was not completely comfortable with people showing us their necks, so anyone that did she would lick their hand.

Azure and I want that sense of equal between us all, no matter if we are a Luna or not. We are not any better than the rest of them, and we tried our hardest to show that all night.

So far thankfully, we have only found the three traitors within the pack. I can only hope there is no more, but we sadly still have a roughly seventy-six people that is on the boarders. It can be taken as a good thing there is not many, but it is a hard to comprehend that one of them was a high rank wolf.

Eventually, we will have to fill that spot within the ranks. There has already been members questioning Tyler and I on who will take over the daily training. Since the Gamma is the one to do the training instructor and no longer having one, Tyler is going to go through and work a few days with the elite warriors to see who is more than capable of filling the position.

There is also the matter of the treasury. Who will be tending to that, now that both Alice and Bill are dead?

It seems like once, we have one thing out of the way five new things pop up on us.

We are strong. Stop doubting yourself. Azure chides.

Must she keep being so wise? I am starting to want the snarky comments back.

Azure chuckles within my head. I can still do that, but we have so much going. I just figure you would do better with wise remarks.

I am pulled from my thoughts, when a plate of food is placed right in front of my face. Chicken!

I quickly take a bite of the tender, juicy meat letting the taste soak on my taste buds. Looking up to see Alastair standing off to the side, smiling down at me.

"Thought I would snag you some of your favorite, yes." He laughs.

"Thank you. It was much needed." I say between bites.

"Zoned out on us all. Everything good?" He asks, sitting down beside me.

"Just going over tonight's events. Tyler is going to be busy over the next few days. I really want to try and help Melissa." I give him the short version of everything going through my head.

"She works with children, yes?"

"Yeah, but she has mentioned once before possbily trying to change professions." I answer, not really seeing where this is going.

"What about her taking over the finances? I know that you guys need someone new, plus it would be a worthy position as well just like teaching." Alastair gives me a knowing look.

"That would be perfect! She teaches math and apparently loves numbers. It would fix two problems at once. I gotta go talk to Tyler." I stand up.

I go to walk away to find Tyler, but stop. I turn around and take my plate with me.

"Thank you for the food!" I tell Alastair, while walking away eating on my chicken.

I find Tyler standing with a group of guys off by the fire. Walking up, the men part allowing me to stand next to Tyler.

I see Greg and Cole soon after.

"Would you gentlemen mind if I took Tyler away for a bit?" I ask.

Several of them laugh and start making oggling faces.

"Sure, besides your pack will need an heir." Cole snickers.

Do what? "No, not anytime soon!" I let a small evil laugh out.

I like the idea of a pup. Azure takes the time to add her cents in.

You forget there is still a lot going on? I question her.

Eh, a pup can't be planned. Sure humans plan things but not everything is planned. I could always make it possbile, you can be carrying a pup within a few months time and birth it at natural human speed. Azure starts planning sounds like.

No! You will do no such thing to me, to us. I am on birth control. After this is all said and done we will talk about having a baby. I start screaming in my own mind.

Birth control, smurf control. You forget I can do many things. Azure huffs.

By time I come out of the arguement with Azure, Tyler has already started walking guiding me over to the wood line.

"You seemed in a deep discussion." He laughs.

"If you only knew." I huff out.

"What is on that beautiful mind of yours?" Tyler stops, and rubs my arms.

"What about if Melissa takes over the pack finances? She currently teaches math and has been talking about maybe exploring something new." I ask him.

"That would take a load off both our shoulders, having taken back over it since your. Well, anyways. Yeah, I support that with Melissa taking over. If you wouldn't mind teaching her how we do it?" Tyler asks.

"Of course, with you taking on training a few days to find a replacement. I don't mind teaching her if she agrees, it won't take long to do. Then I figure the next step after that is to get with Alastair, have him close as I try and talk with Azure to start learning what all I can do."

Tyler lets out a deep breath of air. "Why do I get the feeling the next few days are going to be interesting?"

"Because it is going to be!" I raise up on my tip toes to give him a quick kiss.

"Yeah, no. I need some of that, we may not get much time together the next few days." Tyler picks me up and kisses me hard.

"Why don't you just take me to bed now? We can make the most of it tonight to last us a few days." I giggle.

Tyler makes sure my legs are wrapped around him, before walking to the pack house holding me the entire time.

"Please everyone enjoy yourselves! Have a wonderful night." Tyler bellows out for everyone that is still on the field.

I catch a quick glance of Nathan, Alastair, Greg, and Cole laughing at us walking by.

A/N---

Hey Hey  Guys!!!

Well looks like things are rolling for them!

Seems like Melissa may be around alot more? It is sweet if she accepts the new offer right?

What about Azure though! She is one very strong headed wolf spirit!

Lots of Love going out to everyone!