Chapter 11

Well yesterday was different

Well yesterday was different. I am happy about the progress I made, honestly it was alot faster than I thought after the first try.

Tyler was up and gone early again this morning. I didn't ask how the training went. I was just so tired. Dinner was hard to enjoy, which makes me sad since Fiona had made orange chicken again.

I walk up to the office, this morning Azure had me working on the same and I can say that I belive I have greatly improved.

Opening the door, I spot Tyler sitting at his desk. Nathan off to the side working on paperwork.

"How did it go today?" I ask them.

"It went great. We may have a replacement soon, although I still want to train with everyone at least three time a week." Tyler looks up and smiles at me.

"That is wonderful. So what are you guys working on now?" I ask them.

I move over to the desk and look at the papers that has writing over them. Alastair moves to stand off to the side.

"We are going over all the notes that Greg and Cole sent about the bodies of the dead rogues." His answer doesn't ring a bell for me.

"What about the bodies? What would prompt all of this?" I keep questioning.

"Well, the first battle the day you was kidnapped. Looking over the ones laying on the ground there was several bodies that had this red glow within them, like their blood was glowing. It was mainly within the chest cavitity. No one has been able to figure out what it is. We have all guessed maybe a spell of some sorts. Not knowing what it is either the three of us Alpha's are not comfortable taking a blood sample and possibly putting our packs at risk." Tyler explains.

"Where is the bodies?" I ask looking at him.

"Here, on pack land." He rubs the back of his neck.

"The cells to be more specific." He finishes.

We need to go there. Azure chimes.

"Take me to the bodies, please." My reply stuns all three.

Tyler stands, placing his hand at my lower back leading me out the door. We walk in silence, but I can feel them all on edge. Apparently, none of them like taking me to see them.

The guards bow their heads and open the door for us to enter.

"Are you sure about this?" Tyler whispers in my ear.

I give him a short nod, and we continue walking in.

We pass by the cells and I come across the first two traitors found. They just stared at me as we past by. Then we walk pass John, he turns his head away when I glance in his direction.

We will deal with him later. One thing at a time. Azure helps to bring my focus back to the last cell in here.

There is several bodies on the floor with black sheets laid over them. Tyler moves his hand to pull a key out of his pocket and unlocks the door.

I step in and move to the closest body. Pulling the sheet back, I don't regonize the face. I drape the sheet right in the middle of the abdomen.

The red does glow, it is almost has a swirl like feature to it. Even though this guy is long since gone, the blood is still slightly flowing. That shouldn't be possibly.

I make my way around and pull each and every sheet down like the first.

Standing back to look at every body, I notice they seem to be glowing differently. Each corpse has a very specific flow.

It's a puzzle. Azure is right.

"We need to move the bodies around." I tell the guys.

"Gloves are on the wall. I prefer no one touches them with bare hands." Tyler tells the others.

They all stand by me. "It is a puzzle. Look how each one is different. They have to form something." I quickly tell them to bring them up to my speed.

I start giving directions on where to place each body. Not one of them fusses and just does as I ask.

After a short time of the guys moving the bodies around, I think this is the correct pattern. It seems to be right and for some reason it is making the glowing to be brighter.

I stand back by the door. "Guys you may want to move back over here." I give them fair warning.

They all hurry to come over where I am.

There is something not right here. It feels off, but fine all at the same time.

"Have you ever seen anything like this before Alastair?" I ask.

"No, this is new even for me." He replies, quietly.

It's not really magic. We would be able to feel that, it would be like a hum. I get no humming. Azure ponders.

Surely it has to have magic to be like it is? Why else would the flow still be there?

That symbol, I have seen it somewhere before. Where do I know it from?

I need you to get us closer and smell the body. Azure calmly tells me.

I step up and bend over, I try and take in a small whiff. It causes me to gag.

"The heck! That smells awful it has a bad decay forest smell." I hold my nose, talking aloud to Azure.

I move back again. Then it hits me. "Wolfsbane, that is what is in their systems, underneath the surface."

No sooner then I finish talking, the red glow turns black.

Now the symbol has a different look, I know exactly what it is.

"Black Dahlia." I mumble.

"A what? It looks more like a flower." Nathan asks.

"Basically, yes it is. That is the thing though those flowers represent many thing, but only one stands out in this case. Evil." I turn to look at them.

"You spend barely an hour here with the bodies, and figure it out. You never cease to amaze me. Although it still leaves questions." Tyler looks over me back at the pattern.

These bodies need to get out of pattern now! The pattern has formed and went dark. If they don't get moved the Master will know exactly where we are! We are not ready to face him yet. Azure turns frantic.

"Pull the bodies apart hurry!" I yell.

We all jump in and pull the closest one away, causing the pattern to go back red.

"Azure said the Master could track us with the pattern and color being in place." I tell them before anyone can ask.

A/N------
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Leave it to Claire and Azure to figure out the bodies quick.

What does all of this mean though? Anyone want to take some guesses?

Lots of love going out to all readers! All the comments and votes makes my day!