Chapter 33

Hailey and Layla have been going around doing quick first aid and patch jobs to the warriors with open wounds

I am currently outside going through the warriors that have muscles pulled or torn. With Azure's help I have learned the one useful thing with the fire and heat ability is that we can help relieve the discomfort. It is not much but it does make me feel better knowing I can help in some way.

Plus, helping has eased my mind of worry with Tyler. We are hour five of waiting to know something, but nothing yet. Every time the new hour shows up my heart aches more. Surely, it is good news right with them not coming to get me to where I can be with him?

Once Greg and Cole was patched up they have been staying extremely close to me. Greg told me that they could not leave me out of their sights with Tyler being in the operating room.

Nathan was taken into an operating room as well with a nurse that is not quite a doctor, but knows what he needed done. That done nothing for my nerves. Layla was fairing like I have been until he came out and is now resting in recovery.

A bullet ended up hitting Nathan's appendix. So, they have already removed that and got him on the recovery path, but it won't take long with our healing speeds.

The aftermath of the fight is not as bad as I thought, thankfully. We did lose two of our elite warriors and Cole lost one member as well. So three in total of over the hundreds we had against magic users that to me is unbelievable.

Alastair is not far behind me despite Hailey's protest. He had a few deep wounds, but refused to have them stitched up, instead he just had us tape them.

"You really need to sit down and rest." Melissa's soft voice speaks up to the side of me.

"I can't sit when they still have Tyler back there. I will go crazy if I don't help tend to everyone. Besides what would it look like on me being Luna and not helping my members? They helped us and it wouldn't look right me sitting on my backside, while they are in pain." I quietly ask her, tears form in my eyes.

"They all know and understand your mate is hurt. Not a single person would speak badly of you, and especially not after all you have been doing." She rubs my arm.

"This is my fault though." I mumble, just as the tears start to fall.

Melissa wraps me up in a hug. Alastair walks over and joins in.

"None of this is your fault. I need you to listen to me on this, yes. That man was a sick person and if anyone is to blame it is him." Alastair places a hand on my shoulder.

I can't do anything but shake my head, my reply falls flat coming out.

"Luna, you have been out here helping tend to everyone that is hurt even if it is just pulled muscles. You don't treat their injuries any less. Before the fight you was doing all you can to learn and then you helped to train everyone to what Azure and you know. If it was not for all the help you have done there would be many more families grieving right now." Alastair gently tells me.

Melissa pulls me into the medical wing. Layla and Hailey are moving around trying to still help the ones that have more serious wounds. Both stop and take one look at me, before rushing over.

"You look exhausted." Hailey guides me to a chair.

"Drink this, it may help some at least. Your pushing yourself to hard after what you just done with fight. You are paler than the sheets on these beds." Layla hands me a bottle of apple juice, while raising an eyebrow at me.

"I will get her some food." Cole speaks up for the first time, in a while.

"No please. I really couldn't eat right now." I quickly interject. Just the thought alone makes me almost heave.

Melissa gives me a hard look.

"You still need to eat or at least drink that Claire. Tyler will have our heads when he finds out. Cole and I both have been with you and you have not stopped to at least rest. It is time for that Luna." Greg sits in the chair next to me, but never once uses his own Alpha tone.

"I am thankful you both are allies." I try and give them a smile.

Greg and Cole nod their heads. 

I open the bottle and the smell alone turns my stomach. To many eyes are watching me, I hold my breath intending to take a drink.

Before I ever get the bottle to my lips, the pack doctor finally walks out the doors and over to us.

I have never put the cap on a bottle so fast in my life. Silently thankful I don't have to drink it. I stand quickly, making myself slightly dizzy with the fast movement, but shake it off.

"How is he?" I ask, before the doctor can get a word out.

"Alpha Tyler will be just fine. It took a lot of flushing the wound out and cleaning the area the poison affected. I went ahead and had the poison tested but nothing came back positive. So I am unsure what it even was to cause it." He explained.

It is like a huge relief fell off my shoulders. I feel like I can finally breath.

"I can take you to him if you wish?" The doctor asked.

"Yes!" I right at scream, before covering my mouth.

The doctor doesn't speak another word, but motions for me to follow him. Doc tries to hide his smile at my reaction, but I still caught it.

He leads me into the room, and Tyler is laying on the bed asleep.

"He will wake up soon, once the medication wears off. It is not a large wound when looking at it, so I would say he may have a small limp for a day or two until it is completely healed." The doctor whispers to me.

"Thank you." I kindly tell him, before he leaves the room.

I move over and see there is just enough space for me to lay down next to him on the side that is not injured. Taking my chance, I slip into the bed right up against him softly. I kiss his shoulder and lay my head on his chest.

Azure hums tiredly. I am right there with her. I close my eyes letting exhaustion take over and win, now that I am at least with Tyler.

A/N----
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Tyler and Nathan are on the path  to recovery!

Couldn't let anything happen to my boys that would cause death! So no more sweats over these two tough guys.

Everyone pulled together and helped to tend to the wounded, as well as watching over Claire.

The pack is now on the road to picking up and healing.

Can only mean good things from here on out, right?

Thank you to all my lovely readers! The comments and votes make my day!