Chapter 2

She is the most beautiful wolf I have ever seen

She is the most beautiful wolf I have ever seen. Her name, it matches the color of her eyes.

I could not do anything at first with the shock of how fast she went from her human form to wolf within a mere five seconds. Then Niko was running around in my head, yelling mate over and over again.

Running with her brought out so many emotions, but pride stood out the most. She is so fast and nimble, she is just taking it like an expert.

Although the slip and slide she done into the water, that was beyond funny. Wish I could have had that on camera.

Niko is so calm and content being nestled up to Claire. He hasn't said much other than mate and he repeated her name. He has not tried to come out and speak with her, but I will let him have his time with her too. I know this is important for him.

One day, I will mate with mate in my form. Niko finally pipes up.

Really? That is the first thing you say to me since seeing her. I deadpan.

I cannot believe him, but then again I can. He is all wolf.

I listen as her breathing evens out, telling me she is asleep. I pick my head up to see Nathan and Layla nestled together with a bag close to them, and Hailey is laying down against Alastair with his tails wrapped around her.

Looks like all three women are asleep, something they all need. We all needed this tonight after everything that has happened recently. The fun and excitement from tonight was long since over due.

I sent out a mass mindlink to the warriors around the area to stay clear of the lake. That way it gives us space, and also none of them see Claire.

We need to tell the pack all together. I know most members heard her soft howl, almost as if she was singing instead of howling. None of them came out to greet her, which I can appreciate them giving us this space and time together.

Maybe we can have a bonfire again? Something special for all members and where we can introduce Azure to all our members.

Do we tell them everything though? How would they handle it?

I got to stop with so many questions. I just need to enjoy this moment.

The sound of bones snapping and reforming has me looking at Claire. I can see her limbs returning the her normal state and the fur slowing fading back in.

Standing up, I move my body over top of hers. I don't want anyone seeing Claire in a vulnerable state. Nathan walks up holding the bag with his teeth.

Layla grabbed the stash of clothes by the tree on the run. He links me.

I send him a quick thanks and shift quickly, barely holding my body weight off of her while she sleeps away.

Opening the bag, I come across a blanket first. Pulling it out, I wrap her up in it. I grab a pair of shorts out for myself, before giving the bag a quick toss back towards Nathan and Layla.

I watch as Nathan and Alastair both shift and put on some clothes.

We each pick our mates up, and start walking toward the pack house. There is nothing but a calm, easy lightness from all of us. Tonight has to be the top ten nights of mine.

I send out another quick message letting the warriors know they can patrol as normal now, and thank them for giving us some space tonight.

I look over at both Nathan and Alastair. "So what if we throw a bonfire tomorrow for all pack members to come and meet Claire's wild side?"

"We do need them to know soon. She is able to mindlink everyone now." Nathan agrees.

"If she is up for it then I am. We do need to talk to her in the morning, because her powers will start showing themselves within the coming days." Alastair says.

Crap. I forgot this isn't over yet. She still has to see what all she can do.

"Do you know what all powers she will hold?" I ask Alastair.

"No, it may differ from when Azure first came to be. Claire is much stronger then the first lady. She will be able to handle and control more." Alastair answers, with pride.

Pride swells in me at how strong Claire truly is, and she doesn't even see it herself. Fear creeps in some at the thought of what all she may be able to do.

Both the books on the legend revolving her and Alastair have been a little short on the reply. I think no one truly knows what she will be capable of doing.

I have fear for the ones that want to bring harm to her. I can only hope the pack is overjoyed about this and not a single one tries to deny her.

Then there is the traitors. What will come of them once we announce this and they meet her the first time?

"If she is up for it maybe during the bonfire we can invite Greg and Cole?" Nathan asks, bring me out of my own thoughts.

"That is not a bad idea. Let's just talk about all of this in the morning with Claire. So that way we don't get ahead of ourselves." I reply.

Nathan and Alastair both nod in agreeance.

A warrior steps up to the door and holds it open for the three of us. We each thank him, and move up the stairs.

Laying Claire down in the bed, I remove the blanket and pull the sheets up and over her. I move over to the other side and remove my shorts and slip into bed. Pulling her close, I try to get my mind to settle.

There is still so much to do and so much is unknown, but I know that as long as Claire and I are together we can face anything.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

We are already seeing some insight from Tyler! You guys will be seeing his side much more throughout this story!

Lots of love going out!