Chapter 41

The last three weeks seem to have been busy, but a relaxing busy

Claire is now officially in her second trimester and even if she doesn't believe it, I can tell a small bump starting to form. She has been spending alot of time with Melissa, who has a week left in her pregnancy.

Nathan, Alastair, and I have got the roof repaired with the help of several members within the pack. The windows was out of my area of knowledge completely. If it wasn't for one of the members being in construction then it would still be disastrous.

The seeds and potted plants Claire has been wanting just arrived. I jog into the pack house, heading for the kitchen.

Claire loves to be in the kitchen helping and open to where anyone can come find her. My moon, I love my mate with everything I have. She thinks of everyone and wants to make sure they are able to find her easily if need be.

I walk in to hear laughter coming from them. I lean against the wall next to Alastair watching them do their magic on making those delicious meals.

Claire notices I am here a second later and walks over. She has her hands behind her back and that look in her eyes tells me she is up to no good, but I stand still not moving.

Next thing I know her hands are flat on my chest. I look down to see nothing but white. "What in the world?" I ask.

"Just marking you as mine. Over the last few weeks I have seen some of the younger girls staring at you." Claire bats her lashes.

That is another thing is over the last few weeks Claire has been more hormonal and in good ways. I am not complaining in the aspects as her hunger in the bedroom.

"So you mark me with flour?" I rub the back of my neck, looking at the hand prints on my shirt.

Claire does nothing but laugh and moves back over to the counter top.

"I hold your most important mark permanently." I whisper in her ear, following her.

Claire's eyes meet mine and I can already tell where she is going with the scent that is rising from her.

"I got a surprise for you." I lean back again and stand by Alastair.

"What would that be?" She cleans her hands off and looks at me.

"Those plants and seeds you was wanting for the garden out front is here." I barely get it out before she is leaping for me.

I am quick to catch her. "You know to be careful." I try to be stern but her smile makes everything fade away.

"I knew you would catch me. Now let's go see the flowers." She jumps back down, grabbing my hand.

Right before she leads us out of the room, she stops and turns to the others. "I am going to take off. I will be out front if you need me." She smiles.

Everyone laughs at her excitement and waves us on.

Claire is dragging me to the point of running to keep up with her. Alastair laughs at us the entire time.

"Give the lady some plants and she is happy, yes? She doesn't need the expensive things." He barely gets out.

That is so true though.

We reach outside and Claire lets go of my hand and goes over to the bed of the truck. I love watching her look and smell at the flowers that are on the plants. It may be bad of me but I had no clue what they even was. Nathan didn't either. We literally just gave the list to the people at the store and they brought it all out.

"I am going to get started right away." Claire smiles.

"Well in that case, you will need these." I pull the bag out of the back of the truck and hand it to her.

"There is gloves and all types of tools they said will help you get everything how you want it easier." I tell her.

Claire does not say another word, but goes right to using the tools and digging spots in the ground.

I could've done that. Niko huffs.

The holes you would make would've been bigger compared to what she is doing. I chide.

Melissa, Layla, and Hailey make their way outside and all of them get down and starts helping Claire. I take a step back unless they tell me to carry something. This is their area for sure.

All of a sudden a sharp intake of breath brings my attention to Melissa.

"Are you okay?" Claire jumps up and moves over to her.

"Not unless she just peed herself." Nathan's eyes pop wide.

Alastair is quick to pull Melissa up and starts walking to the medical wing.

Claire stands by me as the Doctor comes out to check Melissa, before wheeling her off.

"Claire! You come with me please." Melissa's eyes tear up.

Claire coos her and she calms down. Claire gives me a small short kiss and walks off with Melissa.

"This is exciting! A baby will be here soon." Layla and Hailey giggle.

"This is scary." Nathan mumbles.

I nod my head with him. This is beyond scary. I don't know whether to link Claire or not.

"Take a seat guys. It could take a while." Alastair speaks up, causing me to jump.

"You would think it is Claire in there right now." Layla laughs at Nathan and me.

"Thankfully, we still have a long bit to go." I mumble.

The others keep giggling and laughing, basically bouncing in their seats the entire wait. Fiona was kind and brought us all food and left a little bag for when Melissa is ready for some. Claire had linked she was not hungry at the moment, which worries me her not eating when she is supporting our little one.

It seems like forever passes by before Claire comes walking out, smiling. "Well Abigail Claire Crass in here. Melissa also told me she is going back to her last name before having mated to John."

"She is named after you! Awe, that is so special!" Layla and Hailey both coo. They ask when they can see them and Claire said it was okay for the ladies.

I smile, happy that Melissa has her little girl and they are both fine.

Melissa telling Claire about her last name and how she changed it back to before John, hits me like a truck. I need to talk to Claire and soon on what to do with the three traitors in the cells still. I know they are fine now other than John being blind, but we have to figure out what to do.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Claire was super excited with the plants and flowers! Who wouldn't be though?

Melissa's little girl is officially here!

Poor Tyler and Nathan, both of them are out of their realm of know. Haha!

What will come to the traitors they left in the cells? Soon to find out!

Thank you for all the comments and votes as they make my day!