Chapter 22

I have been here before with books all spread out on the floor around me

I have been here before with books all spread out on the floor around me. This time it is more of loose papers milled around us.

We have gone through so many natural events, but nothing on the level that Alastair said a witches spell that strong would cause.

Stop grumbling and keep going. Azure snaps.

Easy for her to say, my eyes are going cross from starting at six this morning and it is currently four in the afternoon.

Cry me a river some another time. Azure huffs.

"I think I got it!" Melissa exclaims, causing all of us to jump.

She hands the paper she was reading over to me. I take a glance at the bold headline and this definitely could be it.

Suspected Tornado Believed To Have Hit Antartica.

"Ah, yeah I think this is it. Tornado in Antartica? That has never been heard of." I scratch my head.

Tyler, Nathan, and Alastair walk over to where we are sitting on the floor and I hand the paper up to them.

"According to this, I was roughly around twelve years old. This would be the key to a witch casting a pretty momentous spell. So, if this is the key then he has been the Master for nine hundred and two years old. There no clue how old he was prior to being turned." Alastair muses.

"Could a warlock do the spell to himself?" I ask.

Azure bristols in my mind.

"I guess? It is out of my element, but I would say yes just from the things we do know. " Alastair seems to be iffy.

"When everything happened before, Bill kept talking about Saul taking the powers instead of the Master." I don't get to go further before everyone lets out a small growl.

"A hybrid?" Layla mumbles.

"Those are things of stories, though." Nathan rubs Layla's arm.

I wave my hands. "Hello, I am technically the story of a legend. What could be so far fetched with the thought of a hyrbid?" I ask.

Everyone just looks off into space.

"That is a different type of magic. If it is something a warlock done, then he basically took his own powers to make him live forever." Alastair taps his finger on the cushion.

"That would make since why he wants the powers Azure and I hold. It would give him a sense of what he used to be capable of doing. Sure he can still use some form of magic now, but it wouldn't be the same. He would want ever bit of added power he could have." I try not to sound crazy.

If it is true though Claire. The Master could have added to the spell that made him vampire to where magic can't harm him. We would need to find a weakness. Azure seems to agree with my line of thinking.