Explination from mom

After Levi had explained everything to the group, you just wanted to go home. You had no idea why you had your hopes up in the first place.

You just wanted to see your mom again.

But at the same time, you wanted to go home.

The sun set as the rest of the group searched for shelter, you and Mikasa staying back by the boat. You told Levi you wanted to spend the night on the boat, because you weren't feeling too well mentally to go with the rest of the group.

"do you think we'll go home?" You questioned as you looked towards Mikasa.
"'Why wouldn't we?'
'I want to go home now'
'We're so close... to something. You know that'
'I want to go home'
'(Y/n), your mom is here. On this land. Just because you can't find her doesn't mean she's not still here'
'I know'"

You were getting tired, lying down on the boats deck as you grabbed a spare blanket Levi had left for the two of you. Which meant you had to share it with Mikasa.

You didn't have a problem with it, so you and Mikasa spread the blanket out, laying it down on the both of your bodies, Mikasa sitting with her back against a part of the railing while you lied flat on the deck.

While you stayed quiet, attempting to close your eyes, Mikasa was busy looking at her nails and fidgeting with her hands a little.

"Look at the stars." Mikasa whispered as you turned towards her, uncovering your head from the blanket to see.

"I'm not an astrology person, but I feel some sense of relief looking up at the stars every once in a while." She continued as you looked up into the night sky.

It was pitch black, besides the little stars glimmering from so far away.

"They look so close together from here, but up there, they're so far apart." She said as you blinked a couple of times, trying not to correlate the stars to your mother and you. She felt so close, you almost got her, yet you didn't, and you were so far away.

"But they each have their job to do. They sit there to shine our night." She said before she went quiet, just looking up into the night sky.

You slipped your hand from under the blanket to touch her hand, her grabbing onto your hand and lying down as well.

"I'm glad you're here with me. I don't know what I would've done alone." You whispered as Mikasa held onto your hands tighter, moving her body next to yours under the blanket.

"I won't leave your side." She said quietly as you felt your bodies touch to keep each other warm, being as comfortable as can be.

~

"You're so close my love.... But you have to worry about yourself." You knew that voice from anywhere. It was your mom.

"Momma where are you?" You questioned as you looked around the dark room to see where you were. In such a scary atmosphere, you still felt warmth from hearing your mothers voice.

"I'm right here." She said as you turned to her direction to finally see her.

Her face was scratched up, and she looked tired.

"Mom, the man isn't here. So tell me what is happening. I'm just so confused." You said as she looked you straight in the eye, giving you no emotion to spot. The room was dark, you had no idea where you were, but at least she's here with you.

"I never wanted you to be able to do this. I didn't want to drag you into this. Ever." She began as you stood in front of her, the two of you looking at each other. You never realized you were actually taller than her now. The last time you saw her was when you were 13, so this was something you didn't know.