A new home

"Let me get this straight, you had a dream that Annie was a titan. And then conducted a mission to find out she actually was?" Erwin asked as you nodded, making sure to keep on holding Mikasas hand.

"Bertholdt and Reiner were also in that dream, and were titans as well?" He asked as you shook your head.

"It's been so long I don't remember that for sure, but I do know all three of them were connected to Sammy, in some way. Plus, in real time, I've never seen Annie, Bertholdt and Reiner talk as a group, only Bertholdt and Reiner would be together. And they both separated from Annie to join the scouts. Doesn't it seem suspicious?" You questioned as Levi scoffed before turning a blind eye to you.

"We need to conduct a plan to pursue this theory." Levi said to Erwin which you just sat back.

The way Levi talked annoyed you slightly, using big words while being 5'2 wasn't a look for him.

Plus that deep voice of his didn't belong to a short man. It was quite funny, but you didn't want to say anything, hell, imagine pissing off the captain on the first day?

"Alright. Thats enough for now. (Y/n), every morning at 7am we sit down here and have a conversation. Since you'll be joining us and helping us plan missions, you'll have to join that conversation. 7am." Erwin said as you nodded having no problem. You woke up early back at the military police base and you'd be no different here. You weren't worried.

"Yes sir." You nodded as Mikasa let go of your hand.

"You may be dismissed, the two of you." Levi said as both you and Mikasa stood up from your chair, thanking the men and Hanji before walking back up to the rooms.

"How'd it go?" Sasha said as she leapt onto your little bed, Mikasa following after you.

Levi had provided you your own room, well you didn't even consider it a room. More like a closet with a bed in it. At least you didn't have to share it with anyone.

You weren't one to complain, and you were just fine with what you got.

"Move Sasha." You said as the girl got off your bed, you crashing onto it before noticing the two girls standing in front of you by the door which was a couple feet away.

"Birthday girl next week, right?" Sasha asked as you nodded.

"Can't believe you guys remembered my birthday. I rarely ever talked about it." You said as Sasha shook her head.

"Mikasas the one that told me! Pftt! I forget that type of crap so easily!" She joked as you smiled at Mikasa for actually remembering.

It's true though, you'd be 18 in a week. It felt unreal. You were just 15 living with Sammy a second ago.

But you weren't exactly unhappy with where you stood right now. You were glad there were new opportunities for you and you left your past in the past.

You didn't care much about your father anymore. But your mother was still someone you couldn't get over.

"You good?" Sasha waved her hands in front of your face as you looked at the two and smiled.

"My bad, just thinking." You replied as Mikasa gave a concerned look, Sasha totally not giving a shit and cracking more jokes.

"I need to talk to her alone for a minute." Mikasa said to Sasha before basically implying for her to leave. And Sasha did after whining a little.

You wondered why Mikasa would want to talk to you one on one.

"This is a great opportunity to find out about your mom." Mikasa whispered after having closed your door.

"I was literally just thinking about her. You're like a mind reader." You smiled as the girl shrugged.

"You should get some rest. 7am is pretty early." Mikasa said as you shook your head.

"I'm always up earlier. Naturally, I guess." You smiled as she placed her hands out.

"Me as well! I wake up at 5am just to train. I feel like I can't go about my day without it." She said as you giggled.

"Well 5am might be a little early for me, but it's cool we're both morning birds. You train in the morning and I work out in the morning." You told her as she grabbed onto your arm lifting it up.

"The muscles are a process?" She questioned to tease you as you pulled your arm away.

"I'll have you know I can do 50 push-ups in a row." You told her as she smiled in response.

"We should work out together one morning. You help me do stretches and I'll help you with weights and the swords." She said as you nodded.

"The only problem is that I'm now missing a leg. So when I said I could do 50 push-ups, let's make that a 25." You joked as she nodded.

"I don't see much of a difference. With or without a leg, you're still you, right?" She said as you nodded at the words of security.

"I hope to find out about my mom. And I hope we get to the bottom of Bertholdt and Reiner. And I hope we take down the titans. And I hope we take down everyone that is against us." You told her as she got off your bed before placing her hand on the top of your head.

"One step at a time." She said as she lifted her hand from your head, turning to open the door to leave.

"Goodnight!" You said as Mikasa had already left, receiving no response. You put your hand on your head where Mikasa had previously kept hers before feeling yourself blush.

'Don't touch me like that' your head spun as you remembered how much you wanted Mikasa to place her hand back on your head, and how much you wanted her to just keep you company by doing the smallest things.

You adored the way she held your hand underneath the table at the meeting of the commander and captain. She never said anything about it, but it happened and she knows it did.

'Is she thinking about it too or is it just me? Does she think about the little things I do for her as well?' You wondered before slapping yourself in the forehead.

"Fuckoff (y/n), you're not about to do this." You whispered to yourself before reaching over to grab the candle that lit your room and blow it out.