Getting through

"Fuck okay. So my ex girlfriend was a titan who was from 'beyond the walls'" You air quoted before looking at the rest of the people sitting in a circle.

"How can we get more informations about this?" You asked as Connie's eyes lit up.

"Let's capture a titan. Go outside the walls and capture it." He said with bright eyes as you shook your head.

"We can't do that without raising suspicion. What if we tell Nanaba and you guys tell your commander that we're ready for a mission. I mean c'mon, all we've done here is work our asses off training against cardboard cutouts in the woods!" You said as Sasha shook her head.

"We're not ready for that!" She said as Mikasa raised her hand, everyone being quiet for her.

"I agree with (y/n). We can't sit here and do nothing with so much to go on." She said as she looked at Eren.

"She was after Eren. I have to know why." She said before Eren tilted his head.

"Me? Why me?" He asked as both you and Mikasa shrugged.

"That's what we want to find out!" You said before Jean placed his hand on your shoulder.

"We'll get to the bottom of this. I promise." He said before looking at the rest of the team.

"I'm in on (y/n)'s plan." Jean said as he put his hand in the middle, Mikasa putting her hand ontop of Jeans before you put yours on top of hers, Eren joining in as well as Hitch.

"Fuck it I'm in." Connie said as he put his hand on top of erens, Sasha joining right after, putting her hand on Connie's.

The only people that were left was bertholdt, Reiner and Annie.

"Guys I don't know if this is a good idea." Bertholdt said before shakily putting his hand in, followed with Annie and Reiner putting their hand in at the same time with a straight face.

"We're all in. Let's wait a bit. Not to raise suspicion. Next week, we'll each tell our leaders we want to adventure beyond the walls." You told them as they nodded, Sasha the only one speaking up.

"What if they say no?" She asked as you shook your head.

"Then we do it anyways, without their permission." You said as Sasha face planted.

"But then why don't you just tell them what you saw last night?" Sasha asked as you sighed.

"Because we weren't supposed to be out. We could be kicked out of the cadet core and even prosecuted for the old commanders death." You said as everyone looked at you in shock.

"You killed the old commander?" Reiner asked as you shook your head.

"NO! the titan did. But the court wouldn't believe our story. I'm surprised you guys would even put your trust in me!" You said as Mikasa reached her hand out, you grabbing onto her hand as she shook it with a smile.

"I trust you." She said as you tried not to look embarrassed.

"I trust you as well." Jean said before smiling at you.

"Me too." Sasha added in, soon after everyone began reminding you they trusted you.

"Now all we have to do is wait." You said as everyone nodded, you deciding to all go back to your designated cabins so the leaders wouldn't become suspicious.

~

"Hey (y/n)," Annie questioned as you stood in the middle of the field, no one else in sight.

"Hm?" You asked as the girl looked a little uneasy.

"Your ex that turned into a titan. How'd you know her?" Annie asked as you stared at her blankly.

"She was.... my girlfriend?" You wondered as to why she would ask a question to the answer she already knew.

"No I mean like how did she act around you, when and where did you meet? It might get us closer to something." She said as you thought for a moment.

"There's a lot about her. Would you like to sit?" You asked the girl as she nodded, the both of you locating a nearby wooden bench, at the end of the field.

"I met her in my first year of highschool, not long after my mom died. She really made me happy. I met her at work. We worked at a grocery store. Made shitty cash, just enough to get us through the day." You said as you remembered the life before any of this. When the only thing you had to worry about was being late for work. Now you had to worry about not losing your life.

"What was her name?" Annie asked as you looked at your hands.

"It was Sammy. Well, Samantha. But I gave her the nickname and I guess it stuck. Even now that I hate her, nothing changes, huh?" You questioned in sadness as the girl looked at you.

"What's wrong?" You asked noticing the girl looked like she had a lot on her mind.

"Nothing... I'm just so sorry... about what she did..." Annie said as the way she said it didn't sound like she cared at all.

Annie sure wasn't good at showing her emotions, but it was a good start.

"Thanks. But there's no changing the past. Only future, right?" You asked as she nodded.

"Yeah." She responded quietly as you got up, giving her a hand to help her up.

"Let's go get something to eat." You said as she nodded.